Rebuilt MAF sensors

Micks87

Who is selling remanufactured MAF, and has anyone had good or bad experiences with them?

Many are using the A1 Cardone reman sensors. Just, make sure that you look at the sensor to verify the right on i.e.

1. not hourglassed/neckeddown in the middle
2. electrical connector is 90 degrees off the body
3. In the intake side of the sensor make sure there is not a ridge/or lip.

I have had to go through 3 before I recieved the right one and I have also got the right one the first time around also, they are lifetime warranty. Advance auto is where I picked up mine.
Just know what you are looking for and you can get the rigt stuff

I called around the country and heard the use of the A1 cardone so I tried them and it is and has been working.

Eichlin brand from NAPA has also worked well for me as well as the A1Cardone units.

avoid Microtech. (hourglass shaped ones - JUNK)

You might have to try a few to get one that works but either of the 2 mentioned work great.

sensor

I called Advance Auto Parts and the sales person told me they have new not rebuilt ones.Bruce

If your MAF is bad, think seriously of upgrading to a Translator and LT1 sensor. No one who has done this swap has had any regrets.

The Plastic sensors are fragile. You never know when they will break.

Thanks. I'll look into your sugestions. I would love to get a Translator but it's not in the cards right now. $$$$$

Bose. Maybe the guy that said they did not carry them just got through smoking at crack pipe...:D LOL.

I have purchased many through them.

I would call to another advanced auto parts in your area.

They carry them in Cali, Miss, Ga, Fla, Oh. These states I know for sure.
Not sure though why PA does not have them ????????????
:confused:

my buck and a quota

I got one from Napa. It's the Echlin (2-17851), however it is hourglass shaped :confused: . I havn't taken it out of the plastic in case I ask for a refund. Zam70 is this the part number of the MAF that worked for you. Anyone - please let me know if this one will work / has worked. I can provide a picture if needed. Otherwise I'm out $100.

Thanks

If it's the hour glass shaped one, I wouldn't use it. Take it back...they'll give you your money back. The echlin I've used have all looked EXACTLY like the OEM MAF.

Weird..I hope Echlin didn't go the hourglass route. Is it 3" openings on each end and tapers in the middle? It should look just like the OEM maf.