Red Armstrong chip question

blown sn-95

Are Red's chips open or closed loop? with the proper tune will my car pass smog with a Red's race chip?

I doubt it. :D Red's chips run rich, so it would probably struggle to pass any emissions weather its open OR closed loop.

how rich do his chips run? i have one installed on my car and now people notice a little bit of black smoke at WOT when they are behind me. hope its just the chip causing it.

Reds chips are closed loop. I think he turns the EGR off in race chips though.

I passed Maryland emissions with Reds 93 chip. I just lowered the fuel pressure to 38# and disconnected the waste gate rod (so it would not build any boost).

Make sure the EGR system is working and the car is in good tune. Put in whatever closed loop street chip you have and give that a try. If you don't have one get someone who burns chips to make you an emmision chip.

Don

I passed Illinois emission with Reds 93 chip. I have 72# injectors and my EGR is blocked off.

Passed AZ emissions with a 100 Reds chip, EGR blocked, 55lbs injectors, and a 45a turbo. I ran through with a know good cat , 5 gals of 91oct, 1qt denatured alcohol, and static fuel pressure of 32lbs.