Reds D.P. and e85

skew

What is the opinion on Reds D.P. and e85 through stock lines? maybe 120# inj's. I seen on here somewhere whites racing was able to acheive like 620 hp and 744 ft of torque through a reds d.p. xp and stock lines. What is the reliability of this pump?

Nope , -8 & -10 lines I am sure you wont have enough fuel the double pumper would be ok but running the stock fuel lines wont be enough. I have a single intank and 79 # injectors and a 49 and running at 80% and stock fuel lines, I will be running 120s, external pump, new fuel lines,fuel rail mod this winter I hope :eek:

I am using a Red's DP on my car with E85, 2nd pump on at 18psi. A few weeks ago I ran 6.90's at 108mph at an 1/8th mile track (bad 60' times due to traction). Ran the same times with 84lb injectors at about 90% DC and 120lb injectors at about 65% DC, stock fuel lines, A/F 11.0-11.2 (gas scale).
Combo is 4.1, GN1 heads, PT72p (a little old school I know), PTC 9.5", 26psi boost.

Eric

Eric,

This is the same thing I seen when I was running e-85
Just need more injector for the big end.or bigger inches. I tried it with 55s Ran great. Just maxed out.

great times

I am using a Red's DP on my car with E85, 2nd pump on at 18psi. A few weeks ago I ran 6.90's at 108mph at an 1/8th mile track (bad 60' times due to traction). Ran the same times with 84lb injectors at about 90% DC and 120lb injectors at about 65% DC, stock fuel lines, A/F 11.0-11.2 (gas scale).
Combo is 4.1, GN1 heads, PT72p (a little old school I know), PTC 9.5", 26psi boost.

Eric

i have been wanting to try e-85..i am putting a Red's double pumper in next week. my question is have you ran your car through the quarter and do you think it will have enough injector to run it out the back door? i will be using a dual nozzle alky kit to spray on top of it but i was just wondering if you have enough fuel to run it out the back......thanks Bob

Anyone got a flow vs pressure curve for Red's DP they can fax or e-mail to me? I'm curious!!!
Conrad
Hot Air
704-983-3920 (fax)
alphaenvirmgt@vnet.net (e-mail)

The Walbro pumps are not certified for use with E85. They make some E85 pumps but I was told not to use the HP pumps. Not sure why, I know lots of guys are using them without issue but really don't want another "walbro is crap" thread when the pump is used in a application not recommeded by them
Mike

Yes , Eric was kind enough to replace mine but said he cant warranty them when used with E85

One cool thing I read was you can use the Tpro for the second pump instead of the Hobbs . I am guessing the same can be used for the speed control on a external pump?:confused:

If you are running out of fuel with gasoline, you will be in deep doo doo with E85 since it takes ~30% more E85 to equal the BTU's of gasoline! Your pump(s) and injectors have to push 30% more fuel all things being equal. And, if you raise the boost to take advantage of the 105 octane and cooling effect or the ethanol in E85, you will have to raise the fuel pressure as well, which makes the pump(s) work all the harder!

Be careful out there! Don't go lean!!!

Conrad

Walbro

well i have a bad taste in my mouth with these pumps..my buddys went out and the replacement is over ...mine just crapped and am i not gonna get me a new pump to replace a defective one..i will never buy another walbro pump...i know i need two pumps but this pump should put out more than 55psi at wot..piece of crap.....Bob