removing rubber after burnouts

Renthorin

Lone Wolf
So......my video camera crazy friend wanted to see me roast the tires and get it on film. I did..now there is a bunch of rubber on my exhaust and rear quarters.

What is the best way to get that stuff off without hurting the paint. The tailpipes are stainless so I am not worried about huritng them.

Plenty of soap and water will get a lot of it off, then use bug and tar remover for the rest. You can use brake cleaner on the pipes.

Next time spray your lower quarters with WD40 or Pledge furniture polish BEFORE the burnouts or a trip to the track. Then all the rubber wipes off easy

Believe it or not deisel fuel it will rub off with ease.That is what I have always used.

Originally posted by Renthorin
So......my video camera crazy friend wanted to see me roast the tires and get it on film. I did..now there is a bunch of rubber on my exhaust and rear quarters.

What is the best way to get that stuff off without hurting the paint. The tailpipes are stainless so I am not worried about huritng them.

LOL! i had that same problem the other day...did a massive burnout with chunks of rubber flying off my tires...my marks are still on the street 2 weeks later... :D :D :D

laquer thinner... unless you have had the quarters painted recently, it should get tar, rubber, or other junk off.