removing the tranny

TOMS86GN

Like the title says im removing the transmission and everything is unbolted but it still doesnt want to split from the block does anyone have any suggestions or tips? this is starting to get real frustrating:mad:

There are 6 14mm bolts that hold the tranny to the engine block. Are you sure you got all 6 out???

yes all bolts are out nothing is connected doubled and tripled check for the heck of it

um that's weird...you unbolted the converter from the flywheel? 3 15MM bolts there...well not sure the size but 3 of them none the less...that's the ONLY other thing that would connect the tranny to the motor...

Is there a lot of rust or corrosion on the car. I have seen where there was so much corrosion on the locating pins that it was difficult to pop it off the back of the motor. Assuming you really do have all the bolts out (trans and converter, 9 in all ) grab it by the tail end and wiggle it up and down until it come off.

yup tried that it does seem theres a fair share of corrosion there. i wiggled it til i was blue in the face and doesnt even show there was any progress.....hmm what about hooking up the tranny to a duramax and have some on on the brakes:rolleyes: im that close to having my whits end on it

Couple of seating dowel pins off the block that run through the trans housing. As mentioned, wiggle tail section as you apply pressure/ pull. Make sure that the trans is supported firmly once it gives for your safety. If it's never been out or some time since, it may be stubborn.

man I've never had a problem with my tranny coming out...that sucker seperated from the block as soon as I got all the bolts out...weird. There has to be a bolt left in the housing somewhere...you have 9 bolts out? Is the tranny free from the mount and crossmember? all linkage and connections are disconnected? is the driveshaft out? maybe that is keeping the tranny from coming backward...I always pull the driveshaft completely out.