Repeat procedure.

lol Were good at that Charlie, Hurry up and wait!

I'd still wait as long as I did, then pay full price for these parts. :p

I split time tonight with my side work in the garage and this carb. It's finished now, but i forgot the squirter's at work in my toolbox so they are not on.

Attachments

• HPIM0749.jpg
    HPIM0749.jpg
    72 KB · Views: 345
  • HPIM0750.jpg
    HPIM0750.jpg
    66.9 KB · Views: 355
  • HPIM0751.jpg
    HPIM0751.jpg
    54.7 KB · Views: 366
That carb looks great Adam. You're getting your bling on as well. LOL
LoL Thanks Charlie. It is too bright to go on anything of mine, I like the plain look of the demon but I have to test this out anyways. I very well might sell it or use it for another one of mine or my friends projects, who knows.

LoL Thanks Charlie. It is too bright to go on anything of mine, I like the plain look of the demon but I have to test this out anyways. I very well might sell it or use it for another one of mine or my friends projects, who knows.

Use it on the blow through Adam. A little bling won't hurt you after all.:biggrin:

Nice job curious to see how it works for you Im really thinking about buying that same carb tell me how it works got to know .Mike

Thanks for feedback guys!
Mike I'll let you ad everyone else know how this carb does on my combo.

I've got these to install also this time around to get me more RPM'S and more power around 5000-5500 RPM range with the stock LC2 cam I use. I could almost get 5000 RPM's with LT1 springs on same cam. Still great springs though.

Attachments

• HPIM0752.jpg
    HPIM0752.jpg
    42.9 KB · Views: 345
  • HPIM0753.jpg
    HPIM0753.jpg
    83.4 KB · Views: 340
I've been thinking about going with beehive springs Adam. Found a set with an almost identical spec. I think they'll work a little better to get more RPM out of the engine.

I found a brand new set of GM LS1 springs for $52 but I haven't found the retainers yet. I figure I'll have about the same as you do in just the springs from comp. This will also clear the KB rollers I've got with out any issues.

I still dont think its quite enough closed pressure.

120 seems more approprate.

remember.... if your making 20lbs of boost.... that 92lbs closed is now 72lbs.

A.j.

I agree A.J!!! But this is what Comp recommends for the combo I have.. The Lt1 springs I ran on the other block are 105 on the seat, but have less open pressure than these Comp springs do, Go figure.
I looked into the beehive springs from GM "stock Ls1-2-6" and Comp. Comp wants $148 and some change and you still have to buy retainers, but they are 130 on the seat and 318 open pressures for comp and the GM numbers are similar.

That's exactly why I went with the factory GM beehives Adam. Gives me plenty of room and the price is right. Now I just have to find some keepers. I think I may go visit a junk yard and get some off another engine.

Checked into it A.j. TA valve springs part# TA_1436
$75 plus shipping can reuse old retainers.
lol so far these Comp springs are the deal at $39 plus I talked to Comp today and they said I can shim up these springs I have now to get the closed pressure higher and they also said it will not fatigue the springs any more than normal and I won't run into coil bind with the stock LC2 cam. I think I might just go that route.

Checked into it A.j. TA valve springs part# TA_1436
$75 plus shipping can reuse old retainers.
lol so far these Comp springs are the deal at $39 plus I talked to Comp today and they said I can shim up these springs I have now to get the closed pressure higher and they also said it will not fatigue the springs any more than normal and I won't run into coil bind with the stock LC2 cam. I think I might just go that route.

thats a perfect plan.

A.j.

I found a brand new set of GM LS1 springs for $52 but I haven't found the retainers yet. I figure I'll have about the same as you do in just the springs from comp. This will also clear the KB rollers I've got with out any issues.

Well I just got a note from Lingenfelter performance and the retainers will cost an additional $28.68. That would bring the total to $80.86 so it sounds like a pretty decent deal for beehives. Think I'm gonna go this route.

Not bad charlie! I'll probably copy that on the heads u port for me.

I'm running out of time, lol April 3rd is opening day for PRP my closest track.