replace or block off egr

mikes gn

some say no biggy to block it off, and then i'm told the egr valve helps in all kinds of way's, that's why i'm here , to ask the one's who know the most about these cars.. block it off is like $20 replace it $59 ..
hope to get good info as i need to order.. thanks

some say no biggy to block it off, and then i'm told the egr valve helps in all kinds of way's, that's why i'm here , to ask the one's who know the most about these cars.. block it off is like $20 replace it $59 ..
hope to get good info as i need to order.. thanks
It depends on mods if any, chip, ect. If it's a stocker with a stock chip running on pump gas replace the valve. A lot of performance chips bypass the EGR so if that's the case it's a non issue, block it off.

If you have emission tests get a new gasket and make sure the hoses are good.

If not and there's no visual inspections for it you can block it off.

Don't replace the valve itself unless you are sure it doesn't work or can't be cleaned up.

It depends on mods if any, chip, ect. If it's a stocker with a stock chip running on pump gas replace the valve. A lot of performance chips bypass the EGR so if that's the case it's a non issue, block it off.
i have a chip from eric

If you have emission tests get a new gasket and make sure the hoses are good.

If not and there's no visual inspections for it you can block it off.

Don't replace the valve itself unless you are sure it doesn't work or can't be cleaned up.
no emission, when i did a preassure test looking for vac leaks that was one of them i used soapy water and i could hear and see bubbles, for i fixed the gasket , did a recheck i had no bubbles any more but could still hear air coming out so i'm thinking it's junk.

ether i'm fing stupid which makes sense, but i think brian said the egr block plate they sell are for champion heads and won't work for me, as i have stock . i realy don't wana buy the egr valve if my turbo tweek chip by passes it..
so what are my options and how did you guy's with stock set ups do it??

Your chip never commands your egr to open so its just a leak waiting to happen. You can buy a block off plate from the GN vendors with a new gasket. I tapped and plugged the port and made my own plate.