Replace original turbo on GNX.

GNX 153

Some of you GNX owners must have replaced your original turbo with a different one and preserved it in case you were to sell the car, some day. What did you replace it with? I am considering replacing mine with a TA-49.Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

Most put the TA-49 or a stock turbo on the car. With the TA-49 make sure you get a hot-wire kit and upgrade the fuel pump.

Te 44

When I took mine out I put in a TE 44....WORKS FOR ME...but I would look into the new technology turbo...I would talk to Precision Turbo to see what new tech parts would work for your needs. Have fun looking.:D

When I bought the GNX (17 years ago) I actually drove it. Being concerned about the turbo, I just bought a spare (they were available at that time). However, I recently noticed on eBay that there is a company that sells parts to rebuild this turbo. Is this a viable alternative-has anyone tried rebuilding?

Some of you GNX owners must have replaced your original turbo with a different one and preserved it in case you were to sell the car, some day. What did you replace it with? I am considering replacing mine with a TA-49.Any suggestions would be much appreciated.

I've been thinking of doing the same with mine. Don't really have a need to make it any faster, just want to keep the expensive, original one out of harms way. Anybody have a good condition stocker sitting around for sale?

CC