Replace Supercharger belt on a ' Park ave Ultra

Walt03

Where do you go to get the step by step on this operation.
The idler puller on top locked up and got the belt so hot it stretched and came off.

It appears that you have to pull off the drivers side motor mounts to do this.
Ir would seem the GM wouldn't want to go through all the grieve to change a
supercharger belt, but who knows!

Can anyone give me some guidance on this, especially the shortcuts.
Thx

From what i remember, from the last one i did get a wood block and a jack support the engine by the oil pan DO NOT JACK UP!!!! just enough pressure to support it from coming down. Remove maybe a controller that is in the way of the four engine mount nuts on the pass side, remove belt and do in reverse to get it back together. I work at a GM dealer, and GM has so many different setups, i cant remember what you have to do on those exact cars, but i think that is it though.

Dan

"IF" I remember correctly, on the bottom, front (closest to radiator) of the mount is a nut (18mm, maybe?) that is on a long stud with an external torx head. Remove the nut, remove the stud. Then you can pry the mount away from the block and a long aluminum bushing will drop out. You can route the belt with the bushing removed.

It's been quite a while since I've done one, so I'm not sure if I am remembering things correctly. This may have been the procedure for replacing the alternator belt, but it's worth looking into.

hmmm I just did Melissa's 04 GTP (GS's cousin) and didn't have to take anything off :confused: :cool:

i wish park avenues were as easy as grand prixs and regals :X

it takes me an hour to do belts on my park avenue
you have to loosen the two mount bolts on top and let the engine down...then one stud and spacer next to the crank position sensor