Replacement For GM# 1052358 Limited Slip Additive?

~JM~

Wrinkled Member
Any recommendations on Limited Slip Additive for an Eaton unit? The recommended additive is: GM# 1052358

Not available in my area.

Is 4oz. enough?

Thanks.

Was hoping to buy locally from Oreilly's, Autozone, Napa.

If I must order & wait, I will.

Thanks.

If your stock differential has a lot miles, you probably don’t need the additive. My 94,000 stock posi hooks up much better without it. There is no chatter at all. You could always add it later if there is an issue.

I did a deferential service and filled with the castro limited slip oil and i still had to add the lubegard limited slip additive because the chatter was obvious. I could feel and hear with very little turn of the wheel. Car has 110k and is now quieter now than it was before the service.

Purchased 2 bottles each of Lube Gard & Valvoline 75W90 with limited slip additive.

Eaton posi unit is fairly new. Second lube change.

The directions from Eaton call for one 4 oz. bottle per 1.5 qts. of lube. I bought extra for later. Thanks.

Anyone know the differential capacity?

Thanks.

Could anyone out there verify that 3.6 pints, or 1.8 quarts is the correct amount of diff lube? I'm not able to check the level with the car sitting at normal ride height (Too low). I have almost 2 quarts of lube + 4 oz. LSD additive & still not up to the fill hole. Concerned about correct amount of lube & additive for new Eaton diff.

Using this lube + Lube Gard.

A1A.jpg

Thanks.

Last edited:
Was able to locate my service manual that was hiding in the large box of books since I moved.

4.25 pints is the number.

Thanks.