replacement for t-top glass

DGC

would like to replace glass t-top on my 1987 we-4 with a safer item. has anyone seen an abs or stainless
steel mod that works, or any other way to fabricate something? ideally would like to be able to paint match
to body color.

Suggestions??
other than 'forget it' because its a pita.

would like to replace glass t-top on my 1987 we-4 with a safer item. has anyone seen an abs or stainless
steel mod that works, or any other way to fabricate something? ideally would like to be able to paint match
to body color.

Suggestions??
other than 'forget it' because its a pita.
Hi DGC, were you able to figure this out? Looking for glass myself.

Maybe someone can do a bulletproof like glass and just swap it in place for you?

See through, strong and if you tint it might pass by as the real thing.

I'd start at the windshield company's first, they might be able to handle this since there are vehicles with bulletproof glass they customize for (or at least you'll eventually find a company that has done this).

If not, there are plenty of online bulletproof glass companies, you'll need exact dimensions of the glass and then you'll either need to install it on the framing yourself or a body shop, windshield company etc.

Take it from someone who's done a ton of custom work...

"If you spend it, they will come"
LOL

I'd start at the windshield company's first, they might be able to handle this since there are vehicles with bulletproof glass they customize for (or at least you'll eventually find a company that has done this).

If not, there are plenty of online bulletproof glass companies, you'll need exact dimensions of the glass and then you'll either need to install it on the framing yourself or a body shop, windshield company etc.

Take it from someone who's done a ton of custom work...

"If you spend it, they will come"
LOL
Okay.. you or anyone know where I can start to get the specs for the T-Tops glass?

No but starting with a simple side glass measurement should work. Make sure to get the glass width as it goes into the framing and then the other dimensions are easy.