replacement powermaster

Nish Limaye

Been calling around, unless I am asking for the wrong thing, rebuilt/replacement systems for the powermaster are $500 plus....has anyone recently purchased one for less, and where did you get it..?

Thanks,
Nish Limaye

i got mine at O'reilly auto parts, i beleive you can get them at autozone as well. They are lifetime warrenty and work very well(using 3 of them on 3 GNs and all work fine) They were under 200 from what i remember. BTW the unit is made by A1/cardone

Power Master

I checked the price of a power master at Autozone last week. With tax your price of $500 is right.:)

Some autozone and places like that can get confused real easy.Its a CARDONE 52-9702 take that part # im looking @ the box of the one i recieved last week it was 160 with a core.If they dont look for the cardone you get the other price.

John

I bought the entire set up at Autozone for $149. Lifetime warranty and it took about 15 minutes to swap. I can get the part # if you need it.

OK here's the deal with Autozone [Just picked my powermaster up yeaterday:D]
There are 2 DIFFERENT items in the computer: if you look up master cylinder the price well be $500+ BUT if you have them look for a power brake booster w/o master cylinder - the price is $140 (w/ $61 core charge) AND the unit has the master cylinder installed ...haha - even though it is the station wagon resevoir - It is still complete [accumulator ball, pressure switch, etc.] :D

Prices Changing...

The price this week may be a lot less than the price next week. The accumulator ball has just gotten a LOT more expensive, like to near $200, just for the ball. It used to be maybe $75. Probably some gummint regulation involved, you know how those balls are always blowing up, causing death and destruction. Anyway, if you want a Powermaster, check prices!!

Power Master

Man that is really great. Mine was acting up the other day and then started working right again. 1bad85gn, if you could post that part # I know a whole lot of people would be happy

another cool thing is that advanced autoparts has the powmaster pump too. It's more expensive than autozone but take a price printout from Autozone to advanced auto and they will match it and beat it (at least they did for me.) plus Autozone wants 64 dollars for a core and advanced wants 50 bucks. Just did mine last week for under 200 bucks:D

Andy

Auto Zone Part # 529702. Spoke to my local store today and they could have it overnight. $143.99 + $61.00 core. I paid the same price on 10-20-02. Still working great. HTH.

Power Master

Thanks for the # 1bad85gn. I bought an accumulator a couple of years ago and paid $85 for it. Someone on this thread said they were close to $200 now. For people liking the Power Master, you really helped them out with your post. Thanks :cool: