Replacement speakers

ejh

I need to replace the "blown" original rear speakers in my car. I am looking at either Kenwood or Pioneer 4X10s, and was wondering if either is preferred. There are also many generic and less costly models too. I have the stock AM/FM w/cassette so I'm just looking for good sound, and an easy install over the winter. Would appreciate any recommendations or insight, thanks.

Can you replace the stock 10 ohm speakers with 4 ohm speakers without damaging the stock head unit on a CSII system?

check out sonicelectronix.com i purchased 4x10 and 3.5 for mine i went with the pioneer, but they have many different brands in 4x10 or you can get the brackets to go with 6x9. they have great shipping and really cheap prices i want to say i paid 34.00 for the front and 50 for the rears.

I would go stock replacement..

I wouldn't get your hopes up for a 4x10 to turn your stock system into something its not.

the pioneer speakers i installed sound great. for the price they are way better than the 25 year old factory speaker.

From what I know you want the impedence to be compatible, so I would stick with the same ohms, but I'm sure someone else might know more. I replaced the rear speakers with Kenwood KFC415 4X10s, and they sound fine with the stock ETR AM/FM Cassette. Cost about $50 Amazon, but they don''t quite fit inside the hanging brackets, required a slight modification. I was also told the Pioneer 4X10 don't fit either?

From what I know you want the impedence to be compatible, so I would stick with the same ohms, but I'm sure someone else might know more. I replaced the rear speakers with Kenwood KFC415 4X10s, and they sound fine with the stock ETR AM/FM Cassette. Cost about $50 Amazon, but they don''t quite fit inside the hanging brackets, required a slight modification. I was also told the Pioneer 4X10 don't fit either?
I installed two 4x10 two way Kickers and they sound great! However, they are 4 ohm instead of 10 ohm and I was just wondering if they would damage the CSII amp. I would like to replace the original door and dash panel speakers with two way Kickers also but I was afraid it would damage the head unit. They are 4 ohm also. Can anyone clear this up for me? Will they ruin the Unit?

4 ohm speakers are louder, but draw more current. So if you have a stereo or amp that is designed for 8ohm speakers and you put 4ohm speakers, it will heat up and could short out the audio amplifier chips. If you go the other way, just won't be as loud. It shouldn't short out the components.

4 ohm speakers are louder, but draw more current. So if you have a stereo or amp that is designed for 8ohm speakers and you put 4ohm speakers, it will heat up and could short out the audio amplifier chips. If you go the other way, just won't be as loud. It shouldn't short out the components.
Thank you T-TYPE TONY......I guess I better not add any more 4 ohm speakers to the system.

If you took two of your 4ohm speakers and put them in series, it would make the 8ohms. Don't parallel them, that would make it 2ohms.

Do you guys modify the rear deck cover??
It doesn't allow much sound through the pressboard/carpet..

i did not modify the rear package tray. it prob could use some more sound, but i didnt want to damage anything it sounds ok to me.

Do you guys modify the rear deck cover??
It doesn't allow much sound through the pressboard/carpet..

I did not modify the rear deck cover and I am getting plenty of sound from the rear. Actually with the 4 ohm Kicker replacement speakers the sound from the rear is dominate.