Replacing wiper motor

TomW

I'm swapping out my wiper motor with a refurbished one. When I got the new one reinstalled I tested it. Motor worked fine, but the arm you attach to the wiper motor stem grabs the rubber cover under the when it rotates. I think the rubber cover is sitting to high so it's touching the arm. Anybody had that problem? Looks like it should be flush and shouldn't touch when you tighten the arm on but it is. Took it off and thought I'd see if anyone else had a suggestion for me.

Tom--make sure when you removed the old motor the three spacers on the mounting are still there. If one of the three fell out--the motor will not sit right and perhaps rub because of that. Check the spacers. Try it and let us know. Dp

Thanks, Daniel. You were right about checking the spacers, I had transferred them over from the old motor but I hadn't seated them all the way down. After getting them into the proper position I re-installed everything and there was no grabbing the rubber seal at all this time. Turns out to be a nice upgrade, old wipers were *slow* and now they are operating normally and high-speed is like it should be. Thanks for the reply! Tom