Repro GN emblems

Anyone else bought the repro GN emblems being offered on Ebay? Any better pictures?

I ordered some last week, and I am very happy with them. They are probably about a .040" or so thicker than the GM ones but otherwise virtually identical as far as size/font/construction.

I had ordered some genuine GM replacement emblems a couple years ago and the red and orange colors on the turbo 6 logo looked really muddy and crappy... I see now the GM ones are $80 and up apiece, so that is why I decided to give these a shot. The colors look a lot better in my opinion, and are half the cost.

Pete

Weird how this turned into a commercial for totally different emblems :eek: :biggrin:

Just messing guys, I love your products Scott and order from Dennis every year:tongue:

By all means... we love all commericals for obscure buick parts.. please, make as many of these repros as possible. The more the better. I just ordered a set off of ebay as well, and when I get home on leave, I'll send you guys good photos compared to my 21 year old originals. :) gimme 3 weeks.

Got mine a few weeks ago, and they look really good....as mentioned in a previous post, they are a bit thicker and heavier than the originals.

Here is a pic with the originals on the left.

Attachments

• Buick restoration 146.jpg
    Buick restoration 146.jpg
    84.2 KB · Views: 181
kirban 2 cents worth

if repros are not exact depending on your budget and quality of your car it pays to go with originals from supporting vendors.

the trick to remove them....

You need to use a heat gun to gently heat the emblem then use a plastic tie strap to work behind it moving the tie strap up and down to break the seal..

the plastic hood emblems are far easier...

once they are off 3m makes a solvent to remove the gluey remainder stuff...

Anyway you do it, it takes time...longer emblems have been on the more work is required....you should do the 4 by 4 decals that are on chevy pickup trucks...time consuming.

kirbanperformance.com

denniskirban@yahoo.com

I am sure other methods exist, that is the method I use...

I did all new badges on mine last year. If you get one of those industrial heat guns that Home Depot sells it makes life much more easy! Plus you'll find a million other uses for one of those heat guns so they are well worth having around the house.

I took a small thin flat head screw driver got it behind the badge on the corner without touching the paint and just kept fanning the heat across the badge while pulling up with light pressure on the screwdriver. You'll feel when the badge is hot enough to come off as it will come right off with ease. It should only take a few mins and the badge will just pop right off and if you got it hot enough all the glue will come off as well. It was actually very easy. It's all about the heat. You want it hot enough to loose the glue on the badge but not hot enough to damage the paint. One other thing to watch out for is once that badge pops off it's gonna be VERY hot! so keep a damp towel near by to catch it. I did about 4 sets of badges this way worked like a champ every time. Pick up some silicone spray and spray the fender to get any left over glue off.

On a side note those knock reproduction badges look amazing! I feel bad for anyone who whored up all the NOS ones out there. That was an investment that didn't work to well! :eek:

By all means... we love all commericals for obscure buick parts.. please, make as many of these repros as possible. The more the better. I just ordered a set off of ebay as well, and when I get home on leave, I'll send you guys good photos compared to my 21 year old originals. :) gimme 3 weeks.

Well I guess I don't have to now lol.
At any rate, they're a first class product, and they are sweet ass. I love them. They are a VERY accurate reproduction. I challenge any concourse judge to tell them apart when they're mounted.

I challenge any concourse judge to tell them apart when they're mounted.

At that level they will be able to tell just by thickness and edge finish. Looking straight down at them from the top of the fender you can tell. That is it though, I like them on my driver for sure!

I doubt they'd have the thickness of the oem's memorized :)

They are clearly thicker and the edges are perfectly square, unlike the originals. Hey, I'm not knocking them, absolutely love them for the $120 I spent. Just don't want to see guys with $35k cars thinking these are exact.