Reproduction Door Skins nos4gn

Havnt tried these, I bought rust free doors instead but went to a lot of trouble to do so. To be honest if they were around when I was looking I probably would have given them a try. Its not too hard to re-skin a door. All the repro metal ive seen for g-body`s has been very poor, I hope these are better since its coming from a relyable source.

I've been waiting for these and wanted to do it right the first time.

I used a high end restoration shop to do the work. They are well known and generally only accept NOS sheet metal for their projects.

When they got done, they said that this was the best reproduction sheet metal they have ever seen.

Here is the pic of the finished project. Doors 003.jpg
Doors 003.jpg
There is no way to tell the doors are not factory original.

It's the skin to be folded over the exiting shell once the old skin is cut off usually with a grinding wheel. The skin however is not a simple piece as there is some complicated bracketry and reenforcements in the upper section of the door that is part of the skin assembly. The edges of the skin are 90 deg as shipped to be folded over by the body shop and when finished they did the seam sealer like factory. They said they don't like cheap repop metal and stay away from it only using GM parts (saddly not available any more) because as soon as you try to work with the cheap stuff the panel distorts and then you have hours of finishing time with fillers to try to get it smooth. Mine turned out lazer straight with only paper thin filler application in a couple spots that could have actually been omitted and been as good as a showroom spec car.

John, looks awesome!! Where did you get the stripes from? I'm restoring an 86 WH1 and will be needing some come paint time.
Does anyone have a suggestion on who carries the best replacement floorpans? I need to replace both driver and passenger side, front and rear.

EXCELLENT!
Great to hear about this product. I'll be trying them out myself. I'm glad to hear an awesome review of them