Reproduction rims Finally ;), THEY HAVE ARRIVED 12-3-03 Read

Bweavy

Car Hoarder
Reproduction rims Finally ;)

Well were starting this as far as 15" GN wheels. We sent a large pallet out full of GN rims.They're getting widened up to 10" & narrowed down to 6".
The 10", 9", 8.5", 8", stock 7", & 6" rim sets are being done as we speak.GNX Rims are the next in line.We're gathering wheels now. Prices will really depend on the amount we can get done & the amount of cores we can get.We already have been getting a discount over normal prices for large quanities.
What will help is guys digging out your bent trashed rims.Were buying them up.I know I sold a bunch of them already for slicks.
When your at swap meets or see sets reasonablly priced snatch them up because were buying!!!!!!!!!!
What we will be paying will depend on the condition of the rims & the supply & demand of course.
We have a few pre-orders already.I will be putting a set on my GN & checking quality fit & tire sizes that work best from stock GN's to heavily modded.After talking to the manufacturer I really can't see any problems.I've always wanted a set & apparently alot of you also do.I guess we'll see how many really want them.We are also in the works on 16" but trying to make the appearance, great quality and have the cost within reason.
Input appreciated,Thank's Guys!!!!!!!!!!!!

Pronto I checked the prices on widening T rims.The cost at this time you can find a used set of 8.5" & pay top dollar for what it will cost to widen.But on the other hand you have a set fresh of rims.Since these are available but not plentiful I figured I would try the GN & GNX rims first.I also know the turn around time on these wouldn't be fast.If your interested I will get you some prices & time estimates.

BACK-SPACING

Originally posted by Bweavy

The 10", 9", 8.5", 8", stock 7", & 6" rim sets are being done as we speak.

Brian,

What's the back-spacing on each of these widths?

Three cheers for you in taking on this project! :)

These will be factory backspacing,with the exception in wider rims.We can get any backspacing needed.In my own past personal experience the rims factory back spacing is a little tight when you go to wider tires.They will actually rub on the frame. This is why I stated in my original post We want to test fit & get the best results.

The 10" & 9" wheels will have 4 1/2" backspacing.I should of been a little clearer it was about 12:00 when we were finishing up last night.

An example is were using a BFG Comp T/A 275/6015 on a 10" wheel with 4 1/2" backspacing.There is still plenty of clearance 1/2" at the frame.This set up you can drive on the street look good & get drivability without the fear of rubbing.

The reason were doing this is for that sleeper look.I prefer it & I know alot of others do also.Plus Finding stock GN rims for our cars is outragous.I sold plenty...1 at a time.

I'm not setting an exact date when these will be ready to go.It won't be more then a month I can guarantee that.The rims are at the manufacturer now.So were looking at about 2 weeks before we recieve.More updates will follow, more input please!

T T T

To the top for more input! :)

-----------------------------------

Thanks for back-spacing info!

i have stuck this til they are avail, for all to gather info and ask questions

What kind of time frame do you think it will take to get the GNX wheels going? Can you get the GN wheels in 16 inch yet?

Right now were just trying to get a definite answer (price wise)on the GNX wheels.The manufacturer did a set of 16" GN wheels he wasn't to impressed with the look when completed.We are going to do at least 1 & let you guys decide if you like the look of the 16" GN wheels.Pics will be posted on our site.We're spending a good amount of $ right now getting this going.Judging from sales 15" Gn wheels sell the best right now & are in higher demand,then the GNX wheels are next in line.If all goes well & we can sell alot of Gn & GNX wheels at a reasonable price where they will sell then we can begin to play with 16" GN wheels.
T wheels are going to be time consuming.Most will only want the 8.5" & only 2.Trying to get these built & sold for what you would pay for 2 good used 8.5"wheels $350 is the average for used.
The average set of stock gn wheels in great shape with minor flaws is about $500.Trying to get close to that price but can guarantee they will be higher.On the other side your getting rust free new wheels.
The reality is that you will set what sells & what doesn't.The other reality is that we have to make this cost effective & a reasonable turn around time for everyone.Hopfully there will be a lot of GN's getting new wheels for Christmas :D

I like the sound of this! I'd love a set of 16's on the back and 15s on the front of my LC2 powered steet rod!

Post some pics of the 16's when you can!

Up date:
We should be recieving first shipments of GN wheels on or about the 25th of November.Gnx wheels are looking about middle of December,bad timing I know ;).I'll get pics posted as soon as they get in.Thank's for your patience & emails

I am interested in the GN wheels. I have a set of near mint cores (black hole paint coming off slightly due to too much polishing I guess). Chrome is perfect.

Please email me at maggard@houston.rr.com and provide more info or direct me to where it is posted.

Thanks,

Jake

Jake I left you mail.Pics will be on the site as soon as we recieve the first shipment.

R they (GN Rims on website yet? Photo?)
How much for 1 stock GN rim? & shipped to NH?
Does core bring price down?

Hey Steve talked to Haas this morning they will be here between 12 & 3 I was told.Weather & Holiday put a delay in things. I can have yours redone or just sell you a nice replacement.I also have some good clean originals here also.
It really depends on your down time,if you want your original back & how quicklly you need it.let me know which way you prefer.
Just e-mail me back or call 410 285 3740

It's up to you I'm 10 minutes tops from 95, all major hwy. travel.Rechroming your core will be the cheapest way out.
Stop on in & we can compare which GTO's were our favorites ;)