Revolution Motorsports 2007

Car is pretty damn quick. Trapping 140+ you should be in the 9's :rolleyes:.

That car needs some slicks and needs to be launched hard!! :cool:

Car is pretty damn quick. Trapping 140+ you should be in the 9's :rolleyes:.

That car needs some slicks and needs to be launched hard!! :cool:

Thanks. I know I need traction but I'm stubborn and the original goal was to take a daily driver and without gutting, changing tires and keeping a true street trim run a 9 second 1/4. Once that is accomplished the Hoosiers I have sitting in the shop well be mounted and then I well try and slash the ET. Either way though the car well remain a street car primarily and track car second.

Thanks. I know I need traction but I'm stubborn and the original goal was to take a daily driver and without gutting, changing tires and keeping a true street trim run a 9 second 1/4. Once that is accomplished the Hoosiers I have sitting in the shop well be mounted and then I well try and slash the ET. Either way though the car well remain a street car primarily and track car second.

A street car can have drag radials you know. Hell, my street car has 13.5" wide slicks :rolleyes:. There are full weight GN's in the low 9's no problem. Its no fun spinning, its more fun not being able to counter act the force on your head as your car accelarates like a raped ape out of the hole. :D

What size turbo is that btw? a 63-67ish?

A street car can have drag radials you know. Hell, my street car has 13.5" wide slicks :rolleyes:. There are full weight GN's in the low 9's no problem. Its no fun spinning, its more fun not being able to counter act the force on your head as your car accelarates like a raped ape out of the hole. :D

What size turbo is that btw? a 63-67ish?

This first problem is I like to autocross, and beable to coner at high speeds. Like I said this is not a drag car I drive on the street its a street car I race at the track. I well probably mount the slicks this season as soon as I hit a 9. I'm sure I can improve on my 1.9 60Ft this year anyway.

The turbo is a 70mm I found my 66mm ran out of steam just over 600Whp. I have alot larger turbo for this year as my Hp is going to have to be around 900Whp to trap 150Mph at my current weight.

This first problem is I like to autocross, and beable to coner at high speeds. Like I said this is not a drag car I drive on the street its a street car I race at the track. I well probably mount the slicks this season as soon as I hit a 9. I'm sure I can improve on my 1.9 60Ft this year anyway.

The turbo is a 70mm I found my 66mm ran out of steam just over 600Whp. I have alot larger turbo for this year as my Hp is going to have to be around 900Whp to trap 150Mph at my current weight.

What are the specs of the motor if i may ask?

Reason im so interested is my previous project was also a mitubishi. I have a Dodge Stratus Coupe with the 6g72 powerplant.I had swapped in a built 6g72TT shortblock, had crazy headwork done, and the car was supercharged with a vortech v-1 t-trim at 25psi, liquid intercooled, haltech standalone, transmission built by IPT..... stock exterior...

My car was a sleeper. I had some great kills with the car. Noone expected around 600hp out of a Dodge Stratus ;).

However, i wound up splitting a forged piston (go figure) and after all the pain, time, and money, i just was fed up with it and decided to buy a buick :D.

Some pics.... R.I.P. ....lol

andd... the piston.

So this explains my interest in the import market.... because i started out with a "domistiport".... heh

I'm a domestic guy myself this being my first domesticport myself. It just hard to find a domestic platform that can compete with a AWD 4 cylinder turbo in all areas of performance. There aren't many cars that can claim they can drive to a car show and win, then drive down to a local autocross and compete and do very well, and on the way home stop by a local strip and click off a high 9 or low 10. All without changing tires, stripping interiors out, taking out headlights etc... When I say I wanted a street car, I don't mean a plated race car, I mean my car still get 25+Mpg when driving the civilly on the street, it can out corner and stop 99% of anything on the road, and destroy a 1000cc sport bike from a red light or roll. The car isn't flashy, or loud and it takes 10 times more money to build it like this. But when I'm driving around and someone asked how fast is you car and I say 9 or 10 seconds and 140-150Mph and they say bull****. I just say get in! Not wait I have to go get my slicks, or change my tune, or strip the car out etc...

That saying my next project well probably be a large cubic twin turbo motor, but it well also primarily be a straight line project.

I'm a domestic guy myself this being my first domesticport myself. It just hard to find a domestic platform that can compete with a AWD 4 cylinder turbo in all areas of performance. There aren't many cars that can claim they can drive to a car show and win, then drive down to a local autocross and compete and do very well, and on the way home stop by a local strip and click off a high 9 or low 10. All without changing tires, stripping interiors out, taking out headlights etc... When I say I wanted a street car, I don't mean a plated race car, I mean my car still get 25+Mpg when driving the civilly on the street, it can out corner and stop 99% of anything on the road, and destroy a 1000cc sport bike from a red light or roll. The car isn't flashy, or loud and it takes 10 times more money to build it like this. But when I'm driving around and someone asked how fast is you car and I say 9 or 10 seconds and 140-150Mph and they say bull****. I just say get in! Not wait I have to go get my slicks, or change my tune, or strip the car out etc...

That saying my next project well probably be a large cubic twin turbo motor, but it well also primarily be a straight line project.

Yeh man, i hear ya. I feel the same way.

Me and a couple of buddies are thinking about building a streetable rally car out of an old subaru impreza rs or legacy. Gut the interior, take out everything unneeded, fabricate new control arms, roll cage.... etc etc... would be an awesome project as i completely LOVE rally racing... too bad its no so popular here in the states. The peans are crazy about it.

Yeh man, i hear ya. I feel the same way.

Me and a couple of buddies are thinking about building a streetable rally car out of an old subaru impreza rs or legacy. Gut the interior, take out everything unneeded, fabricate new control arms, roll cage.... etc etc... would be an awesome project as i completely LOVE rally racing... too bad its no so popular here in the states. The peans are crazy about it.

Rally racing bar none is the true measuring stick of a drivers ability and car control if you ask me. Anyone can fine tune there skills around the same track lap after lap but when every corner at speed is something you haven't seen before it takes a special kind of person to step up to the plate. I used to race a GSXR 1000 I still race motocross, and my car no of which scare me or give me much of a rush. My friend took me for a ride in his rally car, and I was scared to death.

Oh I almost forgot the engine is a 4G63 2.0L I'm still runniing stock block, head, crank and transmission case, and rear dif, and transfer case. The car if you couldn't tell by the vids is a 5 speed.

Rally racing bar none is the true measuring stick of a drivers ability and car control if you ask me. Anyone can fine tune there skills around the same track lap after lap but when every corner at speed is something you haven't seen before it takes a special kind of person to step up to the plate. I used to race a GSXR 1000 I still race motocross, and my car no of which scare me or give me much of a rush. My friend took me for a ride in his rally car, and I was scared to death.

I used to race motorcross from 8-13 years old. Raced 85 mod class (had a CR80 bored to a 110) and then went to 125's when i was 12. Then i got injured really bad and parents made me give it up in fear of my life! Havent really done it since, but i really want to get back into it now that im almost 21 years old.

Rally is awesome man. We mess around at night with beater pickup trucks here. Its fun in the rain flying through trails with huge lamps shining in front, windshield wipers going nuts :redface: occasionally hit a tree... take them down lol.

To do it with an awd car that weighs nearly 2000lbs would be a complete rush.

Oh I almost forgot the engine is a 4G63 2.0L I'm still runniing stock block, head, crank and transmission case, and rear dif, and transfer case. The car if you couldn't tell by the vids is a 5 speed.

Seems like the 4G63 is the undisputed King of the turbo 4banger motors. I had high hopes for GM's Ecotec but it seems like the interest in R&D is just not there especially with the Sport Compact racing series going down the tubes.

Seems like the 4G63 is the undisputed King of the turbo 4banger motors. I had high hopes for GM's Ecotec but it seems like the interest in R&D is just not there especially with the Sport Compact racing series going down the tubes.

Nice thing about the 4G63 is unlike the Ecotec your base foundation of head/block and crank are proven to well over 1400Hp. John Shep runs 7.7@199Mph with the stock block, head and crank cause well there isn't anything else available for these cars, not to mention Bret Rau whos Rwd Talon race car has run 6.80's @200Mph powered by a 4G63.

That thing was pretty wicked! So how much money do you have in that thing? How much would it cost to reproduce a similar car? Does the awd hold up?

I have alot of money in to the car.:frown: But half of that is my fault because I could have lightened the car and put slicks on long ago and gone faster then what I am now. So far the AWD has held up fine but I have also upgrade all of the drivetrain in some form or fashion.

I have alot of money in to the car.:frown: But half of that is my fault because I could have lightened the car and put slicks on long ago and gone faster then what I am now. So far the AWD has held up fine but I have also upgrade all of the drivetrain in some form or fashion.

I dont know a heck of a lot about these cars but are those motors upgraded to 6 cylinders or are they all modified as 4 cylinders? Not too may of those left. checked ebay and found none in 97. They are all AWD right? Does that AWD hold up?