Rgarding my soft brake pedal

crow

Could not do anything with it Monday but the last two days we worked on it. Checked the brake lines and they were good. Bled the brakes again and tested. Problem persisted.
Jacked her up and looked closer at the wheel cylinders and found one in the rear seeping. Replaced both sides. Decided to replace front pads while we was at it. Took it on a test run but problem persisted.
Jacked it up and checked everything again. All was ok. The rear drums and shoes had hardly any ware. Adjuste rear brakes. Decided to change the master and that cured it. That was the third brand new master put on. Go figure.
Thanks everyone for the input. Your suggestions have me t6hinking about making some changes in the near future.

Glad you went forward and tried a new master cylinder yet again. Can't say why the third time was a charm, but it was. Obviously, all master cylinders aren't the same, and with an unsatisfactory peddle, think master cylinder. Goes to show that these problems can be fixed if we're persistent. ;)

Red Regal1,
The last faulty master cylinder was a Caldone (SP). Nice looking part with a very nice resevoir. Too bad it did not work. I hope my prognostication for success is not premature. I only went for a short test drive. Friday I will go for a normal drive, use.
If I can cure my newly acquired "lead foot", life will be more perfect, hhh!
Loving the recent mods,
crow

The quality of cardone remans, if that is what failed on you, is suspect these days. I would always go NEW on a master. Glad you got it worked out though. :0

1quick6,
Yes, it was too bad the Cardone failed. I liked the look of it. I might go hydroboost next time, if there is a next time. I looked at your link and was most impressed.
Thanks for alll the info. It helped.

masters

The Std Regal vacuum booster used a 24mm (15/16") piston, but the pedal ratio was very different from the PM or HB pedal ration. It had a longer stroke to push out the volume necessary. The Hydroboost has no problem pushing the 1.125" piston up to 1800-2000 psi. We have a beautiful Aluminum master available in new only.

That's it Bob. You've been warned to many times now. Become a supporting vendor or that the last straw!