Ricer "killed" himself

GNeric

A couple days ago, I was on my way home for lunch and I had just turned onto a 35mph street that has a long sweeping curve to the right. I just happened to look left and see about a 1/4 mile down the road this little white F&F car going much faster than the posted limit. I thought to myself that "he's gonna hurt someone" as there is a trailer park on the outside of the curve. Sure enough, I saw his brake lights and smoke from all 4 tires and then a HUGE cloud of dust. When I got down there, he had apparently not noticed a chrysler had been waiting to turn left into that trailer park and he locked the brakes up to avoid the crash. He left 4 skid marks that looked like the car's rear was coming around to the left and slammed into the rear of the chrysler and then bounced off and over the curb to his right and into the dirt. He came close to going over the edge of a 15' deep ditch sideways. I guess he was showing off how fast his car was to his buddy in the passenger seat. :rolleyes: His car looked totalled. Oh well, one less moron on the street making my car that much safer.

Dumbasses like that ruin it for the rest of us. Now the insurance companys are going to add that to statistics of reasons to add higher prices. Hope the 70's insurance/ death of muscle cars era dosnt happen again.

Nick

Something similar happend here although this kid and his girlfriend weren't so lucky:
Eclipse Crash

Of course my favorite quote of the whole piece was "Joey lived on the edge, there's no doubt. But he was a great driver."

He apparentely wasn't a good driver if he lost control of the car, slammed into a pole and killed himself and his girlfriend.

I guess some people just feel the need to drive ridiculously fast to prove how great their car is not thinking about the possible deadly consequences.

A "friend" of mine is a dumbass like "Joey". He was going about 45 on one of our roads and there is a sign that says "TURN--15mph" and he ingnored it. When he got there, he slammed on the brakes and his Nova went sideways and he slammed into a pole with the passenger side. The door caved in and his girlfriend had to have her leg amputated from the knee down becaused it was crushed between the A-pillar and the trans tunnel. They broke up very shortly after that and he says "Sh!t happens". What a great guy.:rolleyes:

Originally posted by BigBlockOlds

Of course my favorite quote of the whole piece was "Joey lived on the edge, there's no doubt. But he was a great driver."

A friend, Becky Spencer, said, "Joey lived on the edge, there's no doubt. But he was a great driver."

This is the full quote, somehow I dont think that 'Becky' is a good judge of driving ability.

Who here hasnt crashed and killed yourself? If you raise your hand you are a better driver than joey.

Nick

I was out last Saturday with 2 other friends in a ridiculous looking Ford Probe. The car is red with 3/4 of a black body kit with white-letter Cooper Cobras on stock wheels. We don't necessarily call it "rice", but it really is. :eek: My friend uses it as a daily and we use it on weekends to see how many idiots will actually race this POS. Anyway, we were driving around the Cape Cod Mall and spotted a Mitsubishi Eclipse Turbo (not ricey, nor anything to write home about). We told my friend to follow this kid and goose it a few times. He did, and the kid in the Eclipse started to screw with us. We then followed the Eclipse out onto a main road leading to the airport rotary in Hyannis. (for those of you who aren't familiar with the area, the road is Rt. 132 and is a fairly straight, 4-lane road with no center divider) The kid in the Eclipse nailed it going out of the mall. We just watched him go, following him to the rotary where he almost caused a 5-car accident while merging into the rotary!:eek: We all looked at eachother in silence and amazement.

Some people are idiots!!!

Originally posted by Hotair85
We then followed the Eclipse out onto a main road leading to the airport rotary in Hyannis. (for those of you who aren't familiar with the area, the road is Rt. 132 and is a fairly straight, 4-lane road with no center divider) The kid in the Eclipse nailed it going out of the mall. We just watched him go, following him to the rotary where he almost caused a 5-car accident while merging into the rotary!:eek: We all looked at eachother in silence and amazement.

Some people are idiots!!!

OUCH! that rotary is bad 24/7
Man there is no good place on cape to race unless it is late at night on rt28 in falmouth after rte 151. My uncle lives there
& I saw two rustangs go at it from a slow roll heading south
minus the state police of course..
or if you can borrow Otis air strip :)

Good luck trying to get into Otis now! Before 9-11 there used to be illegals in there all the time. The illegals are now held in independence park off of 132. They're in a place called "The pit". I've been down there during the day and have no idea how a car can stop in the amount of space provided. I've never heard of anyone cracking their car up but, then again, they all race rice burners. They don't get going NEAR as fast as our cars and are 10x lighter. I guess one of those can stop in the amount of space provided (which is only about 1/4 mile total).

Originally posted by Hotair85
The illegals are now held in independence park off of 132. They're in a place called "The pit".

Is that the road to the cape cod chip factory? if so YIKES that bites.. better off to go to S.Yarmouth near the speed shop - WHITES pass I think.
Nice straight road that follows the highway..

I have not seen your car at the CC mall saturday cruise nights?
You just buy it?

"Yeah, he (Adams) was going fast," she said. "But I personally think he was trying to avoid hitting an animal and lost control."

At 100 MPH? Hit the damn thing, yeah you might wreck your car or get a broken leg or something, but I am sure you'd be ALIVE.

Originally posted by littlesixsteve
Is that the road to the cape cod chip factory? if so YIKES that bites.. better off to go to S.Yarmouth near the speed shop - WHITES pass I think.
Nice straight road that follows the highway..

I have not seen your car at the CC mall saturday cruise nights?
You just buy it?

Nope, it's the other way. Down past Thornton Dr. and the industrial park. If you go down that road (I'm at a loss as to what the name of that road is) and look to your right shortly after, there's an asphalt road that's blocked by cement barricades with a path around them. That's "the pit". No, that's right, you haven't. I bought the car in October. I will have it done for those Saturday cruise nights ;) and the Father's day show on Main Street in Hyannis! I promise :)

LIKE WLAUKAITIS SAID... DRILL THE FU@KER!!!!! DONT LET BUGS BUNNY RUIN YOUR LIFE!!!! OR YOUR TR FOR THAT MATTER!!!!!

Hey hotair, I live down in hyannis here and i've seen that ricer ford probe around... Are you down here going to 4 c's?

I've checked out some racing down at "the pit" but its mostly a bunch of motorcycles racing.

We used to illegal street race down at the end of independance ave on Mary dunn rd to the underpass, its just about a 1/4 mile, but you better be ready to stop in time for the corner-- one time a mustang locked them up and almost crashed... the past few years around the cape it seems like the rice are taking over.

What do u have done to your car?

I'll have my TTA out in a few months when the snows gone...

~Murt

Well, I have it apart right now and will stick with the hot air setup for as far as I can. Check out the address in my sig to find out what I'm gonna do. I don't feel like listing it all again. BTW...You don't go to Cape tech do you?