rich condition??

wyk3d

Car wiring sucks!
Ok ive been trying to solve a rich condition since last year. Ive lowered the fuel pressure, changed the o2 sensor(4wire ngk), and checked every possible vacuum/exhaust leak on the car. Nothing changes the richness. I get about 8-10mpg and the cat smells like rotten eggs. The cat is brand new and its not plugged. Under slight throttle i have a pop out of my tailpipes. My plugs are gapped at a tight .35 and they are cr43s. All of my scantool data is right on. BLM and INT are where they are supposed to be IAC is at 22 and TPS is at .42. O2 cross counts good. Yesterday i pulled number 6 and noticed it smelled like gas and was a lil moist. I put a FP gauge on the rail to see if maybe i was leaking. Pressure holds just fine. What else causes gas on a plug besides a leaky/stuck open injector?? Is there another way to test the injectors? Could the popping be my coilpack? Help before i take a sledge to the car.

Dan

sounds like bad spark (fires at way wrong time, and won't even light off gas, so you get wet plugs). check coilpack, module, wires, grounds everywhere, etc. On my car it was popping through intake and generally running like ass, turned out to be module.

Coilpack, module, or MAF.

Start with the coilpack and go from there. Get one from autozone and if its not bad they may let you take it back

Are the autozone coilpack(wells #c860)/module(wells dr143) combo ok for these cars? Is there a difference in performance for the 160 dollars vs 300 most TR vendors want for the combo??

Dan

When I bought my car it came with two extra Wells modules. I assume that means they are junk, because another went bad a short time later. I bought my current one at Advanced Auto because I was short on cash and it has lasted a year with no problems. It has no name on it at all:D

Some guys will say yes there is a difference, but that may be just to justify the extra that they spent to themselves. I say get the cheap one with a warranty and give it a try