right brake not engaging

chris_mile

need help guys ill keep it short. pulled the passenger front tire off and sprayed the brakes with brake cleaner cause its was making a little noise. rotprs are perfect shoes look great mechanicaly didnt do a thing. the brakes are 1000 miles old worked like a champ. however now after i put the tire back on i go to brake and im pulling left like i have no right front brake. any suggestions would be great!

Brake hose collapesed internally or caliper stuck. Open the bleeder screw and see if fluid comes out when you step on the pedal.

^^^ Partially right. Step on the brake pedal hard with the wheels off both fronts. When you release the pedal check both fronts and see if they rotate freely. If one doesn't brake the bleeder loose and see if fluid squarts out. If it does you have a hose collapsed and it isn't letting fluid out of the caliper. If they move freely open the bleeder on the pass side and have someone press the pedal and see if fluid comes out.

well did what you said and they spun freely then i bleed the brake the fluid was real clean and flowed nice. that it was fixed then it just started to do it again. i took the shoes off and compressed the caliper then pumped it then compressed. it is free moving. guess ill look at replacing the brake line i guess but ther 3000 miles old. if that dont do it ill get another caliper. thanks for the help guys!

well did what you said and they spun freely then i bleed the brake the fluid was real clean and flowed nice. that it was fixed then it just started to do it again. i took the shoes off and compressed the caliper then pumped it then compressed. it is free moving. guess ill look at replacing the brake line i guess but ther 3000 miles old. if that dont do it ill get another caliper. thanks for the help guys!

Sounds like you have the caliper in a bind. Look at the pads and see if they're wearing evenly or if they're wearing at an angle. You may just need a hardware kit and a little cleaning.