Riken wheels question

bayareaturbo

I have 15" Riken wheels on my car with 4" BS. I'm trying to figure out how to measure if its a 7" or 8" It has these numbers on the back of the wheels 4-86 8-jjx15 d1 if anybody is running them. This is a pic of my wheels
IMG_2466.jpg

I have a big collection of Riken wheels (3 sets total all are 16" but have different widths; 7", 8", 9.5") These are my all time favorite wheel! True 2 piece design, EXTREMELY LIGHT and STRONG, and has a unique mesh look. I love comparing any new wheel in terms of weight with the Riken's from the 80's, most of the time my Rikens are lighter.

You sir have a 15x8", 4-86 month and year I beleive.

I run 16x8's in the front and 16x9.5" in the rears,
all have custom backspacing, and custom sized LIPS.

Thanks for the great info on these wheels.

no problem! Great choice for wheels, if you ever get a chance get some 16's. The did not make them in any sizes bigger then 16x9.5", and 16" rim was the only rim you could get a 9.5" width on the rim. The 8",7",6" and I think 5" (for the 13" rim) are the widths sizes that were most commonly used. Their smallest wheels are 13" but I have only seen those in Japan not on a car here in America. 14's are popular with the BMW and toyota guys. 15's are popular with nissans, BMW, ford and GM cars. 16's are popular with the same car guys as are 15"; nissans, BMW, and GM. Riken wheels were "optional" wheels from factory for GM cars. I am not sure if those other car companies allowed Rikens as an option or not. My knowledge is purely from the reseach I have done, I have never talked to an actual Riken rep. Riken closed shop about 20 years ago in the late 80's.

It would be to kill for if Riken ever made 17" or 18" "meshies" but all Rikens wheels were made in the 80's, and the company itself was a subsidiary company to BBS, and at the time 16" wheels had ruled the day. I wish I knew how to find a person who used to work for Riken, I have a ton of questions. Well thats pretty much ALL the Riken info I have. Post up more pictures if you can your wheel looks clean! Do you have the Riken center caps?

Mark

I only have 3 center caps I lost the other on the freeway :mad: I went and bought 4 new from kirbans and now there sitting in a box. There was a guy in my area that had 16" for sale about a week ago the post came down so I think they sold they were in great shape looking at the pics. I just bought a pair of drag radials that I'm going to slap on the rear wheels this weekend.

I only have 3 center caps I lost the other on the freeway :mad: I went and bought 4 new from kirbans and now there sitting in a box. There was a guy in my area that had 16" for sale about a week ago the post came down so I think they sold they were in great shape looking at the pics. I just bought a pair of drag radials that I'm going to slap on the rear wheels this weekend.

post a pic of the riken caps you have and tell me what riken wheel size you have, I might have extras :)