RIP Grand National... what next?

Just a thought, but before the adjuster shows up I would get some comparisons of other cars with similar miles in in similar condition that have sold. Check Barret Jackson and other classic car auctions.

You might also try to find someone that could give a certified appraisal of what the car would have been worth before the accident.

I hate the thought of some suit trying to write you a check for 2 grand:mad:

I promise you they already have a number in mind...and they're going to try and stick to it.

Insurance
The other driver's insurance company [State Farm] just called. The guy on my case said he spoke with the other driver, and State Farm said there doesn't appear to be any doubt. They are going to take care of me.

No mention of "fault" or "I'm sorry", but that is to be expected.

Now, we have to wait for an adjuster to show up and look at the car. I sure hope the guy has a clue.

Quick... everyone in the DFW area go to Craigslist and post your low-miles GN for sale for $35,000 :)

Replacement
As for a replacement, I would really like a new Camaro or Challenger, but I doubt the GN will bring that kind of money. I'll only have what the GN brings-in. That is why I was looking at GTO, G8, Crossfire SRT-6.

Wow even the older SRT-8 Chargers are pretty pricey.

Buy-Back
As for buying-back the GN, I'm sure going to try - even if I have to sell it, later. I can't stand the thought of it going to a salvage yard and some clown getting the engine for his Civic :eek:

I like the idea of dropping the drivetrain in a Fox body. I had an '87 V8 Mustang LX... before I grew up and got a Buick ;)

Glad to hear you're ok. Same thing happened to me a few years ago. Bought my 86 GN back and found an 87 GN roller/ex-race car. Thankfully it didn't have a cage in it, but also had no 8.5 rear, air/heat stuff, inner fenders amongst other issues (paint & wiring:eek:). Not really a problem since it will come off the 86. Stripped the 86, but haven't had to time (add in lack of money and 2 kids:rolleyes:) to do the transplant. I have been waiting to have the roller painted first, but may bypass that and get it done to have a running car. In hindsight I should have looked for a nicer roller.

Do what makes you happy, but don't rush into anything. Make sure you get the best value for your GN. It will be a hassle.:mad: PITA for me since it took months to settle.

That sucks about your car, makes me cringe!

My wife has an SRT Charger for a DD, and loves it. It's been totally faultless, and is very comfortable and fun to drive. The engine is awesome, and the brakes are incredible. Word of wisdom, we had an R/T before and it's like it's not even the same car. We had it for 1 year and traded it in on the SRT because it was a dog and didn't like it at all. So either go SRT or don't even bother.

There probably isn't a week that goes by that she doesn't come home and tell me about somebody she had to spank. Usually Hondas or Mustangs. I just laugh..... Nice to have a wife that's as bad as me! :biggrin:

Tuesday, the Adjuster came by to look at my mangled mess.

The guy knew what a GN was/is, and was quite sad when he saw mine.

He couldn't give me a number then; he had to take the data/photos back to the office to let an expert do some research.

I got a call Wednesday from the guy that is processing my claim. He told me they should have a number for me in the next couple days. It appears they may have a clue about this.

The guy asked if the 70,000 miles was actual mileage. I said yes. He also asked if I was interested in buying it back. I said yes. I asked for a price. He said he wasn't sure, but an example would be $200-$300 for a $2000 car that can still move/roll, but since mine is such a mess, it shouldn't be much at all... we'll see.

I've been looking at the following:

86/87 turbo Regal
89 Turbo GTA
04-05 CTS-V
E55 AMG
My son wants me to get a C6 Z06... good luck, boy

I only want to spend what I'm getting out of the claim... plus maybe a few bucks from the tax refund.

... more to come....

Go test drive the new ZR1...then you'll cry!

(PS: Very happy you walked away from that horrible wreck.)

Bruce '87 Grand National

Sorry about ur loss but glad to see you emerged unscathed...hopefully the insurance doesn't dick you around too much....

As for what to put the drivetrain into, how about one of these?

72284d1240791633-1983-regal-wagon-bonus-hpim0536.jpg

The drivetrain should slip in like a hand in a glove. And no one will ever suspect a thing. ;)

find a good solid Fox Mustang and put that drivetrain under it.. those boys almost have an aneurism when someon puts a small block Chevy or LS engine in one, i think their heads would explode if someone put a turbo 3.8 in one..

They would....some years back in a magazine someone had a GN powered Mustang called Bu-tang..."the Ford camp wouldn't let me in their shows" so the owner said in the magazine.

Get the drivetrain and put it in another regal!

I had a guy ask me to do a custom airbrush shirt last week with his car on it. He brought it by for me to look at and then offered to let me drive it. I gotta admit a 2011 Camaro SS 6 spd was a pretty sweet ride and quite a rush. If i were a chevy fan I'd go with that. But they are a bit pricey.

Were you driving in the commuter pool lane with blow up dolls? and one leaned over to be with you? :rolleyes: :D

Sorry to see your ride like this and hope you are ok

You could always put the DT into 84-87 442's as they pretty.

How about this to put it in? Of course that means a little bit more work to the car to maeke it rear drive though too.

Attachments

• Photo0033.jpg
    Photo0033.jpg
    69.8 KB · Views: 459
Sorry to hear about your accident. Hope everything works out with the insurance co.

I vote for the challenger too but the Saleen version. Being the Turbo Buick is the best car ever made I'm sure you should have no problem get the amount of money from the insurance company needed to buy whatever it is you want.

Dodge : Challenger | eBay

Wow, sad to see and glad to hear you're somehow ok. How your head isn't 4 inches closer to your ass is pretty impressive.

Care to comment on what the roof impact was like and how it held up? I thought the 1st post was going to say the guy inside flew out the window or broke his neck.

You took it about as well as anyone could, your comments in the other thread are hilarious and way to Zen-like from someone that just flipped head first into a ditch.

Good Karma came to the rescue. :cool:

Wheres Nevada,Tx? and Im on the east side of Tx and sure we can save her with the parts I got laying around...A matter of fact Im 115% positive, but if you get rid of her let me know.

Sorry about the wreck though man. I say find another one and get up on it again, cause you will always want one.

Dude that sucks... Glad you're ok. I too seem to walk away from accidents I shoudn't... Maybe it's a Texas thing?? haha!

The wild thing about the car though is that it is FAR from a total loss... hell you could probably make 5,000$ from parting the sucker out.

If you can swing it, grab a new 5.0! My second choice would be a G8. I almost bought one last summer, and had the intention of selling the GN until I saw what GN's were going for these days.