RJC 4 inch exhaust

figures.. i cant get the audio to work on my freaken laptop.

i went with the dynomax drone crap and now the valve thing is rattling big-time. so before i put the old ultradrone flo back on i want to hear urs

looks very nice though

thanks, I live near you I think... I am on the Northside. I just drove it to work and when you are at any steady speed with the cruise it is barely louder than my old 2.5 duals and super turbo muffs. Now at an idle you know something is up. The turbo whistles alot under moderate accel, which I love. I also get some droning in and out at the right rpm and load around town but I have to say I love it. I really like it. I like it more everytime I get in it.

I honestly think alot of people are so used to hearing a whisper quiet v6 they cant deal with an exhaust that has some noise to it.

My last Typhoon had a built motor, headers an a 3" ATR single shot with a bullet muffler. This one is louder at idle, louder around town and the same on the highway.

I think its starting to look and sound as fast as it is.

Ironically my custom S/S system uses a polished Magnaflow and nothing else is polished. Wanna trade? ;)

A 4" exhaust isn't for the faint of heart... but, it does sound darn aggressive. Plus, it is fun to tell people you can "fist" your car. :D

I really liked 2 3/4 duals with Magnaflow straight thru muff's that I heard in Ohio.

I have a TTA but... I am using a 4" straight thru Magnaflow muff with a 4" custom catback. Drone is there around 45-50mph but... Other than that, I like it a lot. Sounds great at WOT! ttt for RJC Racing... having a 4" system available for Turbo Buick's.

Joe

Attachments

• TTA_MUFF1.jpg
    TTA_MUFF1.jpg
    33.8 KB · Views: 707
cme2fly posted above and is in town and has a new one. Maybe he'll sell?

Brett, your a follower of Otto! I see you have his logo. I've known him for years, my two sons have done some racing with him and now at 64 I got the bug. One of my kids has a 2010 SS Camaro running in the 10s and after scaring the **** out of myself driving that I got the GN obsession. Thanks for the info on the 4 " sounds too loud for me. I'd like to try 4 " with the 3" muffler. What do you like for headers. Maybe I'll see you at Otto's when it gets warmer and he doesn't need heat or at the track.Thanks for the info, Jim Maguire
Yea, Otto is the man. Just give him a shout at his shop. He can build u anything from mild to wild. All depends on how deep ur pockets are.....:)

Mario ,thanks for the pictures and info. It may be too loud for me (im 64) and I want my wife to want to ride in the car.I don't know whats on my car but the drone sucks and I have to change it. Might try the duals. Nice wheels what are they ? Just ordered the "Budnick" Grand Nat'l replica's . What do you have for headers , I need to change headers as well as exhaust system. Thanks again, Jim maguire

Jim, yours is a dual 2.5" with Hooker AeroChamber mufflers

Yea, Otto is the man. Just give him a shout at his shop. He can build u anything from mild to wild. All depends on how deep ur pockets are.....:)

I did Bretts, his car was the one I just built that laid down 605 at the tires the other day. I wanna turn it up with some C16 Race Fuel now;)

Its headed to JWs for a mini tub,cage deal soon.

Those wheels are beautiful, as is the exhaust! Bad a$$ set up there my friend. I hope you dont mind me asking where you got the wheels from? Also how do those nitto dr's hook?

Thanks, the wheels are CCW classics 20 hole. They are obsolete since now their current classic is a 32 hole I think. Minimally different than the current. CCwheel.com Its better to get the new ones anyway since you can get barrels and lips to get the exact look you want. I wish I could get an inch smaller lip up front but they arent available anymore. I found these on the corvetteforum.com under C3 parts. They are 17x10 zero offset but 5" backspace so I have a 1/4 inch spacer all the way around to get 4.75 backspace.

I love to drive my car so I wanted a tire that would semi hook and still be good in the rain. They also had to be a 315/35/17. I just happened to have 6 of the 315's left over from other cars I have had. Its a nice mix for me and they hook fine as long as I launch 2psi or less on the street. On the track I think I should be able to get away with 5 psi at 20psi in the tires. Sometimes if the street is kind of crappy or the air is extra cold I overspin if I stab it at 19mph or less. It always spins the tires, usually it minimal.

wonder how the single 4" would be with a less agressive muffler ? tone it down and get rid of that 2000 rpm drone all with less back pressure than a 2 1/2" or 3" . Looking for opinions. Jim Maguire

Mario ,just noticed you have Hotchkiss suspension equipment. I just ordered the anti-sway bars and shocks. Didn't want the springs because I noticed they lower the car 1" and even though its only 1" I don't want that look. I know it too late but how do you feel about your set up. Jim maguire

I had monroe sensa trac shocks and soft original springs. I did it all at once. The car really only dropped about a 1/2 inch but it became much firmer. The travel over bumps and dips was about the same since the old ones would give. I feel like the car rides and feels about as firm as my 01 zo6 did. It doesnt feel like a rough riding lowered car just a car that is setup firmly and can handle well. I am not afraid to take any turn considerably faster than I used to. I have alot more confidence in the cars handling. I dont plan to put it on a track I just wanted a better ride and a little lower stance to take out the space in the wheel well. I dont regret it at all. There is nothing about the ride or the handling I dislike. These cars even when lowered still have alot of space between the bottom and the road so I am not worried about hitting anything.

All the pics I have posted and the one above at the show were factory springs, shocks and bars. The only one that has the hotchkis stuff is the movie I posted here.