RJC deep sump oil pan install

NY_GN

Planning next secret evil upgrade
I normally just pull the motor mount bolts and raise the engine to pull/put the stock oil pan in.

Can I do the same with an RJC deep sump pan?

No need to lift the motor. I've pulled my stock pan as well as the RJC pan without lifting the motor. Just drop the pan and if it hangs up rotate engine over by hand and it will clear.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk

No need to lift the motor. I've pulled my stock pan as well as the RJC pan without lifting the motor. Just drop the pan and if it hangs up rotate engine over by hand and it will clear.

Sent from my SM-G935T using Tapatalk
That's what I was looking for, thanks.

To make the oil pan R&R easier, remove the trans mount bolt and jack up the trans an inch or so by the pan, and you should have all the clearance needed.

To make the oil pan R&R easier, remove the trans mount bolt and jack up the trans an inch or so by the pan, and you should have all the clearance needed.
I did that before too, just kept mucking up the gasket. Probably too impatient.

I also found out the hard way that if your trans mount is old and weak and you just take out engine mount bolts only, the trans mount tears like a piece of paper.

Kinda like Camaro stock torque arms at the track!

If you use a TA Performance cork pan gasket, you can install the bolts and gasket on the pan before installing it.

The holes in the gasket are made tight so it will hold the bolts in place when installing the oil pan.