RJC Megacooler 315-XTF

Coach it's a great choice. I run that intercooler in my car and love it. I had Precisions inetrcooler in it before when I was running high 9's and my inlet temps were in the high 190's on C16 and 30 pounds of boost. On alky it was fine. I got the RJC 315, and right off the bat I see the quality of this unit matches the fit and finish to everything I do with the car, so before it was installed, i was happy. It does weigh a good amount over the Precision unit it replaced, but was one of the easiest installs I have ever done with a intercooler. Data logging some runs my inlet temps have dropped substantially. It doesn't just look good, it works. Here is a data log I took last year after hot lapping the car at the track, usually my temps are 10 degrees cooler on average. The car was trapping 150mph that day.

Was that a stocked location precision you replaced

Mike...did the boost drop with the installation of the RJC unit. Basically, could you run at lower boost...and maintain the same ET and MPH with the RJC over the Precision.

I honestly can't answer that question because I never did any back to back testing to verify that. It was a change that I made over the winter one year after I sold my Precision unit. I noticed my inlet temps were high at 28 to 30 psi, and the next year after the install there was a huge drop in my inlet temps at the same boost level. At the time of the change I was running a manual bleeder valve inside the car to increase the boost. Neither intercooler had any issues achieving the boost levels I run. This is when my car was running 10.20@130mph.

180 degrees to 123. Now running 154mph I'm at 126 degrees with no alky at the same boost level.

Last edited: