rocker shaft broke in half

quickbrick

i noticed my car ticking loud last night. so i changed the oil this morning and i started it up. it was knocking bad and making loud noises. i pulled the valve cover and the rocker shaft is snapped right by one of the bolts.

is this part unique to the gn or can i take one off of an na v-6 regal? can i just replace the one side or do i have replace both sides? the one that broke was on the drivers side so its easier to get to.

I didn't read your sig before I started typing here, if you have done some performance mods to your car, here's what you need to do, period. Go to www.taperformance.com and order their replacement shafts for our TR's. They are much stronger material, much thicker and the mounting holes are smaller so that there is no rotation or twist/flex in the shaft around the mounting bolts. Simply, the very best you can get imo and many others. Sealed power also makes replacements that are stronger than oem, but less strength than the T/A Perf ones. Don't put a $5 used shaft on your car! Be forwarned that you absolutely CAN NOT mix up the rockers when you transfer them from the broken shaft to your new one!!! They are different [intake/exhaust]and the markings have long since worn off to differentiate between them.
HTH
Jim