rogue exhaust impeller yall'

jesco

86 GN t top.
:confused: greetings all,

I /santa ordered a full dp-back 3in exhaust from gbody and today I was removing the old rusty trash underneath, when what to my wondering eye should appear? an old turbo fan( the exhaust impeller i believe is the tech term ) in the front of my cat! what the hey? I knew the previous owner replaced the turbo but come on. I checked the new one for play and free movement and there doesnt seem to be any damage. This has got to be a first, no? anything else I should check while it is apart?
Happy Holidays,
Jesco White

I /santa ordered a full dp-back 3in exhaust from gbody and today I was removing the old rusty trash underneath, when what to my wondering eye should appear? an old turbo fan( the exhaust impeller i believe is the tech term ) in the front of my cat! what the hey? I knew the previous owner replaced the turbo but come on. I checked the new one for play and free movement and there doesnt seem to be any damage. This has got to be a first, no? anything else I should check while it is apart?
Happy Holidays,
Jesco White

Let me know if you find my costly shades in there, I don't want no wierdo ah wearing em. :p

Now there's an interesting restriction for ya, lol. At least your car will feel even faster with that new DP on there now :D

Maybe it was one of those new-fangled "exhaust tornaders". 10 more mpg and 20% more horsepower :D

Happy Holidays,
Jesco White

Not so strange really. That's the reason the old turbo was probably changed.

My Son-In-Law lost the turbine wheel off his GNX, and you should see the nasty dents and dings it left in the down pipe on it's way down to the cat, which it also pretty much destroyed from it's final impact.

Not so strange really. That's the reason the old turbo was probably changed.

My Son-In-Law lost the turbine wheel off his GNX, and you should see the nasty dents and dings it left in the down pipe on it's way down to the cat, which it also pretty much destroyed from it's final impact.

On that note, what is the max rpm our turbos are capable of?:confused:

wow, an impeller was chillin at your cats opening? dam, thats crazy lol. your car should feel like you just bolted on a 150 extra horsepower now lol.

haha, this is funny as snot.

Come on over to Richmond and play once in a while.
Let me know if you need any parts, I have a few extras.

Scott

Happy Holidays,
Jesco White

PICS!!!!! ?????