rolled fillet crank

ecmo92

The shop picked up a crank for me today. I told them about the rolled fillets and to make sure of the casting number. Well, the casting number is right but the crank has the rolled fillets only on the mains. Is this correct? If I have this crank shot peened, nitrated and balanced would it be okay? LOOKING FOR CRANKS SUCKS!!!

You cannot go by casting number. Both turbo and non-turbo cranks have the same casting number and the same GM part number.

Only turbo crank has rolled fillets on rods and mains.

So it is on both rod and mains? Did NA cranks have rolled fillets on the mains such as this one? Would it last if all the said work above were done to it?

Yes, the NA cranks have rolled fillet mains.

Would it last? Only one way to find out, try it. Would I, no.

The only 2 motors we have had bottom end problems with were non-turbo cranks. For a street motor, maybe. One that will see lots of track time, nothing I would do.

Well, I'm gonna keep looking for a crank, but if I cant find one hope this one works......

I have seen a few NA cranks go 11's and hold up fine, just don't detonate it.

If you hurry there is a .010"/.010" crank in the parts for sale for $450.00:eek: or you can get a nice standard/standard from COPTRZ for about $300.00:confused:

Unless you are totally strapped or not going fast I would save for the real deal.

I had the same problem. I bought a car in pieces and was told it was a turbo crank. After physically looking at it, I found only the mains had the rolled filets. Other members on this board were kind enough to tell me that the crank wouldn't hold up to the 10 second passes I was trying to accomplish.

I ended up finding a std std crack at the nats.