Roller cam worth the money?

Derrick, I guess one possible cause could be noise from the valve train? This does not mean the cam or the roller rockers is causing the false knock, but the noisy valve train itself is the cause.

Not enuf people with enuf miles on the rollers to statistically declare they are good or bad.

I like mine, hope it lasts, and I hope the spring pressure does not take out the front cam bearing.

I think the flat tappet is way over played but there certainly have been a number of failures over the years. People that insist on putting 100-110# springs on a cam that will work at 85# may have more failutes than others...Proper break procedure...following at a minimum the manufactures suggestions helps.

The knock sensor is only a problem if pushrod length is way out to lunch, if it’s right it’s not even an issue. I use T&D roller rockers with a Crane billet roller and never get false knock and the valve train is almost silent ;)
Phil

I have a Crane 214/210 billet roller with 10k miles so far. And no false knock either. I will report back at 100K miles;)

While we're on the subject of roller cams, what is the opinion (difference) between the ATR roller cam vs. say PTE roller cam. I think the only difference is the way the cam is held in place. The ATR cam uses a spring mounted button to keep the cam tight, and PTE uses a "shimmed" bearing to hold it in place. Which one is better as far as durability is concerned? Any clarification would be appreciated!! Thanks!