Roller Rocker Help...

I ordered the power coated valve covers, breather, and a mini starter from GBodyParts... I did get an e-mail this morning saying they didn't have any chrome mini starters left so I guess they've checked the order and have the valve covers in stock... I went with the plain mini starter which was cheaper anyway, I'm all about going fast, not car shows...lol...

As far as the rockers go, I got the 1.60's through Full Throttle... I'm not sure what brand they are, but I'm not too worried about it... I figure at the rate I'm going, I'll end up with some Champion Aluminum heads in the near future anyway... Damn these cars...;)

Pretty sure they are Harland Sharpe No matter the brand, check all the roller tips where they sit in case a shim is needed. I had all winter to do mine so I went a bit overboard but had to kill time somehow dreaming of summer!!
Dont forget to check geometry when you have the pushrod checker in to measure the pushrod size & keep it in mind when ordering yours.
My roller engine (first one) is as quiet as my old Flat tappet 214-214 (almost) I'm actually surprised how quiet it is from reading posts on what to expect?
Figured major Sewing Machine noise but its not at all! I believe the extra time in setting it up paid off for me.

Good Luck on the build!! Cheers!!

I'll make sure I check the geometery on the rockers and push rods, but the roller cam kit I got comes with push rods so hopefully they are the right size... I was up in the air between the Comp kit that Cottons has, and the Revolution kit that Full Throttle sells... The Comp kit comes with a timing chain but no push rods and the Revolution kit has push rods but no timing chain... I figured I'd buy the Comp timing chain for $70 and call it a day... The one thing I can't figure out, all the timing chain tensioners say you can't use them on a double roller chain, but I can't find any that will work on a double roller???

Yeah, rocker geometry and clearance should be of primary concern. More lift, duration and overlap should all be factored in the build. As David Vizard said,"It's not how much lift you want but how much the combination needs." More lift with no gain is a waste of motion.

You Dont Use a Tensioner with a double roller timing chain! It will eat it up & spit it out! As for pre-measured pushrod kits, I assume everything is stock & never touched? then they are fine. I dont like them cuz if you did the heads block etc then they will be just an aproximate (sorta close) size. may work fine? May not? I would rather measure & get exactly what i want but thats just me?

You guys are going to laugh. I just got a set of KB rollers and shafts off evil bay and they're brand new in the packages. To good a price to pass up so I got them.

Ahhhh... That would explain why I couldn't find the tensioner's...lol... Thanks again guys...