Roller Rockers

v6turboman

Just had a lot of machine work done on the 109, gridled and champion irons with K750 springs. I also when with a comp roller cam 206-206 and some 885-12 lifters. The shop called today to tell me the stock rockers will not work
do to my new setup needs adjustable to accommodate the preloads I need on the springs. So does anyone have some good advise on rocker arms for this
setup?

Just had a lot of machine work done on the 109, gridled and champion irons with K750 springs. I also when with a comp roller cam 206-206 and some 885-12 lifters. The shop called today to tell me the stock rockers will not work
do to my new setup needs adjustable to accommodate the preloads I need on the springs. So does anyone have some good advise on rocker arms for this
setup?

Not to talk you out of roller rockers but there are plenty of people out there running stock rockers with a similar set up. The shop should know how to measure for proper pushrod length. They have to do it even with roller rockers.

I would be a little concerned if a machine shop told me this. Very common to measure pushrod length. Simply measure to 0 then add the how much preload.

T&D roller rockers are a good choice.

setup?
Thats BS I run stock rockers with solid shafts and 130 lb springs.

Thanks for the input I will need to slap someone upside the head at the shop.
I thought they was dealing with a reputable speed shop.

the 885s have a tighter preload window than normal hyrdaulic rollers , they (comp cams) call for zero to 1/8th turn with adjustable rockers
1 turn is .050" so your looking to set preload at zero to .006"
you could measure for each rod and order accordingly if they will even make them close enough to what you need . its extremely hard to rely on an ordered rod to be good for all spots on a motor with stock rocker variations and block /head variations.
best for 885s is adjustable like the T+D rockers

heres the instructs
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31294

with other hyd lifters the recommended preload is 1/2 to 3/4 turn , or .025-.035 and if you're a little off theres usually no issue so using stock rockers with a single measured rod is possible and has been done many times
but if you're a little off on the 885s you could have no preload or too much that holds the valve off the seat at rpm

the 885s have a tighter preload window than normal hyrdaulic rollers , they (comp cams) call for zero to 1/8th turn with adjustable rockers
1 turn is .050" so your looking to set preload at zero to .006" lash.
you could measure for each rod and order accordingly if they will even make them close enough to what you need . its extremely hard to rely on an ordered rod to be good for all spots on a motor with stock rocker variations and block /head variations.
best for 885s is adjustable like the T+D rockers

heres the instructs
http://www.hotrodders.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=31294

The only I can think that would change rod hight from one rocker to another is valve tip height.

Educate us. Where are the other variations coming from?

Rockers.

setup?

I know the stock rocker would work.:confused: I know you would probably want to use a hardened shaft and some RJC hold downs. If money is not a problem you could go roller. Harland Sharp and T&D make really good sets for our cars. Here is a shot of the Harland Sharp installed on mine. Personally I would do roller since you came this far. :)

Attachments

• DSC07212.jpg
    DSC07212.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 292
Those look petty swell, not sure if my pocket is deep anough. Will the stock
valve covers work with the Harlands?

You will need aftermarket valvecovers, or spacers from RJC. Also, you MUST trim the sides of the rocker pedistals to clear the base of the roller rockers. This can be done on an assembled engine, but I would remove the heads and do the machining, then clean the heads again. Not easy to completely remove the machining debris with assembly lube acting like a magnet.