rolling idle

No Quarter

My car refuses to idle at 13.0 or leaner. Unless its around 11.0 it surges and rolls through about 500 rpm. What can I do to fix this?

Is this in gear or park? Whats the iac position ? If the d gain or p gain is too much it will hunt up and down, the p gain does small changes, d gain big changes. Reduce the values maybe 5 at a time, and see where it goes. If the cam is small try using closed loop idle, it will try and compensate the a/f .

????

No qtr said:
"My car refuses to idle at 13.0 or leaner. Unless its around 11.0 it surges and rolls through about 500 rpm. What can I do to fix this?"

Norb said:
"If the d gain or p gain is too much it will hunt up and down, the p gain does small changes, d gain big changes. Reduce the values maybe 5 at a time, and see where it goes. "

Didn't we already talk about this in e-mail exchanges???

Yes that makes sense, if it is moving too fast it will cause surging

Re: ????

Originally posted by Chuck Leeper
No qtr said:
"My car refuses to idle at 13.0 or leaner. Unless its around 11.0 it surges and rolls through about 500 rpm. What can I do to fix this?"

Norb said:
"If the d gain or p gain is too much it will hunt up and down, the p gain does small changes, d gain big changes. Reduce the values maybe 5 at a time, and see where it goes. "

Didn't we already talk about this in e-mail exchanges???

I believe we did though I do not recall you mention the D/P gain. I am in fact not completey sure what those actually do. I'm also going to try adjusting my throttle blades like you advised. You other adive has worked great - the throttle response is about 200% crisper!

Thanks Guys!