RPM ?

fubar2.5

IF your car is set up to run 6000 rpm but is shifting at 5000 rpm how much gain is there in et and mph changing it to shift 5800 0r so.
I'm scared to shift it manually haha.
Thanks

An accurate answer to your question can be determined by a dyno test or at the track.

Since increased RPM, up to the peak in any build, will of course increase HP, but you make even a guess impossible with no info on your build?

Do you have some performance goal, or just asking for an "internet" answer? :confused:

I KNOW my car will make lots more HP at 7000 vs. 5000 RPM.:)

An accurate answer to your question can be determined by a dyno test or at the track.

Since increased RPM, up to the peak in any build, will of course increase HP, but you make even a guess impossible with no info on your build?

Do you have some performance goal, or just asking for an "internet" answer? :confused:

I KNOW my car will make lots more HP at 7000 vs. 5000 RPM.:)

At this point let me just say I'm 71 and do not have time for internet bs.
I'V said what my combo is good for and what it does why is that so hard???
Friday night at street night I went 11.57 at 121 shifting at 5200 ported heads 212 cam Simple ? what am I POTENTIALLY leaving on the table. I already have a ck shift kit

Friday night at street night I went 11.57 at 121 shifting at 5200 ported heads 212 cam Simple ? what am I POTENTIALLY leaving on the table. I already have a ck shift kit

This is going sideways, really quick....

I'll tell you what my car is leaving on the table. Without specifics, its off by at least 3mph in the 1/4 shifting at 5200 instead of 5800rpm. All because I am letting the tranny shift on its own. My PTC converter flashes at 5200-5300rpm and keeps the tranny in that rpm range until 1000'ft mark. That is my experience. I'll let you know whwhat happens when I shift after I get my ratchet shifter installed.

Thank you Thank you TTA. That's the kind of information that helps me make a decision.
I'll look forward to an update.

Lol.

You shouldn't be shifting at 6000 with those parts and Nick is older than you.

BPE2013@hotmail.com