Rpo Trunk Decal

87 WE2

I HAVE A FRIEND WHOS TR WAS REAR ENDED. THE QUARTER PANELS ARE FIXABLE BUT THE WAY THEY HIT THE CAR THE BUMPER, FILLERS, TAILLIGHTS, AND TRUNK DECK ARE DESTROYED.
THE FRAME IS STILL STRAIGHT SO HE IS PLANING ON FIXING IT.

THE PROBLEM IS THAT PUTTING A DIFFERENT TURNK DECK ON MEANS HE WILL NO LONGER HAVE HIS ORIGINAL RPO STICKER.
I KNOW SOME PEOPLE SAY CUT THE RPO STICKER OFF THE OLD TRUNK DECK.
BUT HAS ANYONE EVER SCANED IT INTO A COMPUTER AND PRINTED IT OUT ON A LABEL TO MATCH THE OLD RPO STICKER?
ITS JUST A THOUGHT, NOT EVEN SURE IF ITS LEGAL.
BUT THERES PEOPLE OUT THERE THAT RESTORE ALL THESE DIFFERENT KINDS OF CAR THAT DO STUFF LIKE THIS.

ANYONE HAVE EXPERIENCE WITH THIS OR IDEAS:confused:

I would definitely be interested if someone can reproduce the deck lid and door stickers. When I bought my 87 GN in 1988, the first owner thought it looked cool to completely "black-out" the whole car which included removing the rear sticker (and throwing it away!) and spray painting over the door stickers. What an idiot! He also removed all emblems, but at least he had sense enough to keep them. :mad:

I'd think if someone could scan a RPO (trunk) sticker, it would be real easy to print it on a home printer. The inside of the trunk sees very little damaging humidity or light, and you could spray a fixitive on it to prolong it's coloration. You'd prolly want to scan it and use an edit program to remove the codes, just leaving blank boxes.

That way, you could make it realistic by coding with just what options your car has. A blank sticker could then be shared around the group and used by anyone to make up whatever they wanted.

If you want, scan one @600DPI, save it as a BMP, send it to me, and I'll alter it. Since it's a huge file, make sure to crop it close to the edges, and zip it with max compression.