Running hot!

chrisgn6

temp is high while I'm driving. Seen it go up to 210 while driving.

Low fan is wired to come on at high speed. It comes on at about 168, I have a ttchip. And it also comes on at around 220. I have a 160 t-stat. I flushed my rad about two weeks ago and after that it started running hot while driving.

Possibilies:

Air in system?
Need new rad?
Need new water pump?

THANKS IN ADVANCED!

Your fan probably isn't coming on. Turn on a/c and see if the fan turns on. If so, then you know the fan works. There is also a fan switch on front of intake. It has a one wire plug on it. It may have gone bad.

My fan work, with AC on, low fan and high fan functions.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Does the fan run with a/c off when it gets to 200 degrees? Check it in your driveway.

With AC off. When the temp gets to about 220 the fan kicks on.

Yep that is what mine did. Go to Advance website and search for radiator fan switch. It actually looks like a sensor.

If the sensor is bad, wouldn't it not come on at all?

200 is the high fan switch on the intake switching on the high speed relay
the ecu controls the low speed relay and fan should be on above 168 with tt chip ..replace the low speed fan relay and go from there

http://vortexbuicks-etc.com/fan.htm

My low fan relay is not connected to the harness plug. I jumped the the wire from low fan relay to the high fan relay so that my fan will run on high when it reach 168. Which it did.

With AC off. When the temp gets to about 220 the fan kicks on.

thats your post i qouted ^^ either i cant read english or you were mistaken ..i can read english
im out ..

I'm not sure how that switch works all I know is my car did the same exact thing and a new switch fixed it.

I'll try it. I don't know why pacecarta quoted that! Do you know gnrick? I've only answered to you so far. Weird..

I didn't understand that either. Oh well report back and let us know if you get it fixed.

I hope so. Another thing just to make sure before I buy anything. I could be driving on the freeway, so I know the water pump should be pumping faster, in my case I don't think it is because the temp still reaches 200. And I'm reading off the scanmaster.

Yep, still sounds like the fan isn't coming on. Very simple fix. Unscrew the old switch and screw in a new one. Put some sealing paste on the threads.