Running Rough

v6turboman

Running a little rough, GN been sitting for close to 9 years, I busted the crank and managed to replace it recently. I ran a couple of cans of solvent through the rail the other day but still needs help. It seems to have a lot of hesitation on acceleration, the motor cuts in and out until I get up to speed. also not the smoothest of idle. The Car is close to stock, with minor mod’s, exhausts, 3” down pipe, and 9” K & N. Here it is.

Fuel Pressure 40 with vacuum connected.
02 = 433 - 488
AF = 06
BA = 11.4 - 13.5
INT = 126 – 135
BL = 132
CL = 190
ATS = 122
RPM= 775 – 825
TSP = . 28
IAC = 19
CC = . 06 – 240
NAL = 15

Does any body have a good link, or some realistic numbers that I should expect.
Don't have a clue as where to start.

Adj. TSP & IAC, seemed to run a lot better, but a couple hours later I decided to take it for another spin, ran like crap again. IAC way out. What is mint by running the car in a closed loop when make the IAC adjustment.

Adj. TSP & IAC, seemed to run a lot better, but a couple hours later I decided to take it for another spin, ran like crap again. IAC way out. What is mint by running the car in a closed loop when make the IAC adjustment.

Once the O2 sensor is heated up the ECM will go into closed loop. Sometimes you'll have to repeat the procedure to get the IAC dialed in right. You might also try resetting the ECM (disconnect the small orange wire coming from the positive terminal on the battery for a few seconds & reconnect then start the car & take it for a drive).

Tried it several times. The IAC does not seem to hold it's value. I set it up and 5 minutes later, or just by restarting the engine it will rise or low by as must as 15. When I replaced the crank, I swapped the stock down pipe, and also the stock air filter, does this have any effect.

Tried it several times. The IAC does not seem to hold it's value. I set it up and 5 minutes later, or just by restarting the engine it will rise or low by as must as 15. When I replace the crank I added swapped the stock down pipe, and also the stock air filter, does this have any effect.

Movement of 15 counts is not unrealistic. I think you have a couple other small issues, which are causing the iac to hunt around, and the car to run fairly crappy. Your BL's are high, and the car has been sitting for a long time... and was recently apart. Very likely have a vacuum leak(s) somewhere. These cars are very sensitive to vac leaks. Check VERY closely... ALL vac hoses, turbo/ic/up pipe/tb connections, fuel injector orings, intake/doghouse/tb gaskets... also maf/turbo hose/pipe. Mal code 15 is CTS low, which will have the ecu thinking the car isn't warmed up... raising the idle (affecting the iac). Also take a look at the egr and maf while driving around and see if they appear to functioning properly. Doesn't look too bad off... you'll get 'er back rite... :smile:

What can I expect from on the scanmaster, out of ERG & MAF. The error code was from a no fan workie condition I encountered when i first got her back together.

EGR should be 0% at idle and wot, and will vary under light throttle/cruise... maybe 25-80%. Check that maf numbers are reasonably smooth, without dropouts, corresponding to load/rpm, and reasonably constant at a constant speed. Idle 4-6ish (which it is...), wot/redline maxed at 255 or damn close.