runs like crap after injector swap? Why?

GnTooFast4u

Man, I'm pissed, it seems like this car will never run right. I just installed Msd 50's and a custom chip frpm PTE. the install went ok and the car runs alright when your putting around town, as soon as you hit around 5 lbs. of boost the car starts stuttering really bad and blowing alot of black smoke, i put the fuel pressure back at 40 w/ vacuum disconnected. any of you guys got any idea what is causing this?

Black smoke indicates extremely rich conditions. It is possible that maybe the chip you installed is not meant to run with msd 50's. Are you running the 84/5 ecm or did you upgrade to the 86/7 ecm? Is the chip burnt for 50 lb injectors, and to the rest of your combo? What other mods are done to the car? With a little more info, im sure the problem can be solved easy enough:p

My 85 GN did this when I installed my BlueTops and accidentally installed the two lines to the actuator backwards. Hit 5psi boost and bucked and surged while belching black smoke. Couple hours later, figured it out :rolleyes: and it was back to normal. :D

50'S

What other mods do you have to support the 50lbers, but my guess is fuel pressure is way too high. Try lowering it to 35psi line off and adjust from there. 50's supply a lot of fuel for the average turbo buick.

Yup,if that chip is burnt to standard '87 type specs you're going to have WAY too much fuel.

As was said,start by turning the fuel pressure down.