Runs like crap could somebody please help!

I've checked the wiring and the voltage to the fuel pump everything is correct.

Unless you pulled the pump hanger and inspected the connector hose, the job is not done.
Volts, grounds, all OK.. Still may have an intank leak.

The guy that owned the car before me cut access door In the trunk I took the whole thing out and checked it again. That unit is 2 months old I bought the whole unit from racetronix. But I know that doesn't mean it's working properly

That could be it because I did use the torque converter from the caprice
Jerryl is correct. A low performance Caprice TQ probably 1200-1400 stall in VERY bad in a GN. Put the factory TQ back in the car or find a DACCO/TRANSTAR D5 convertor. Your fuel issue will take time to resolve. Maybe leaky injector or bad sock in tank. Professor Chuck Leeper is correct, 11lbs is TOO MUCH of a drop with Vacuum line connect back. Did you check Vacuum line leading to regulator? Also check Vacuum lines off of Throttle Body..

You guys know your s**t thanks for all the info.
Jerryl is correct. A low performance Caprice TQ probably 1200-1400 stall in VERY bad in a GN. Put the factory TQ back in the car or find a DACCO/TRANSTAR D5 convertor. Your fuel issue will take time to resolve. Maybe leaky injector or bad sock in tank. Professor Chuck Leeper is correct, 11lbs is TOO MUCH of a drop with Vacuum line connect back. Did you check Vacuum line leading to regulator? Also check Vacuum lines off of Throttle Body..

When you solve this issue, you will be well on your way to making your car faster and being able to tune/troubleshoot.

Ok changed the tc back and wow what a difference the o2,s are down 860-870 and the fuel pressure was around 36-37 @ idle for a while couldn't get to wot ran out of road but when I got back to the garage fp went back to 31-32 at idle. Do you think the regulator bad?

Possible. Could be a leak in the tank (hose), or weak pump, low fuel (?). Check voltage at pump, and check all grounds.

Last edited:
Did you change the 233 reg for an adjustable one? If you have check all fuel connections, you may have leak some where. Start on top of the engine and work your way back to the tank. Replace all lines going to fuel pressure regulator if they look questionable. Check gauge connection for leaks. Have someone go to the tank and listen for fuel pump when you turn key on. Pump should be turning on and off. Check voltage at the pump. If it is hot wired, you should have increased voltage back to pump.

I think I figured out another problem. When I converted to the 86-87 coil pack I didn't upgrade the power wire that came with the kit could that be the part of the problem?

Update: she no longer runs like crap! A tranny rebuild and 3000 stall converter and now she pulls like a freight train hit 20# of boost last night no knock!