S&W Racecars 8 pt on the way

FastRegalWE2

Wish I had another Buick!
Hopefully the car is going to running with the new XFI and headgaskets and dialed in, somewhat, in the next month or so so I figured I better order the roll bar. Should be here soon, they said it might ship out today. If anyone wants, I will snap some pics of it prior to install and after of course.

pics

Hopefully the car is going to running with the new XFI and headgaskets and dialed in, somewhat, in the next month or so so I figured I better order the roll bar. Should be here soon, they said it might ship out today. If anyone wants, I will snap some pics of it prior to install and after of course.

i would like some pics when you get around to doing it. i have been kicking this around for a while but i know i will need one if i ever get fast enough:smile: thanks Bob

I liked mine when I installed it in my Silver 86 TType. I went with the pro Street 8pt, the bar goes through the rear speaker holes. Get ready, some cutting and knotching will have to happen unless they corrected the length issue. When I bought mine, some mods had to be done....Still an excellent bang for the buck though:)

Good luck and keep us in the loop.

i would like some pics when you get around to doing it. i have been kicking this around for a while but i know i will need one if i ever get fast enough:smile: thanks Bob

Bob,

You already fast enough, if I'm not mistaking any car running faster than an 11.49 has to have one. Congrats;)

hmmm, it came today, I ordered it for a full interior car and all the bars are straight except the hoop. Of course they are closed now and no one there to ask wtf

just what I didnt want in a roll bar.

Gonna call Jack Cotton tomorrow and see if I can send him the 4 pieces and have them bent and shipped back

IMG_1293.jpg

IMG_1292.jpg

IMG_1288.jpg

IMG_1289.jpg

If push came to shove you can put a small bend on those door bars to clear, There is plenty of tube there and they shouldnt hit that far forward anyways.

sounds like you wanted the "pro street" bars to keep the back seat, you have to order them seperate from the cage. I had to put a bend in my door bars to get them to clear the arm rest.
IMG_06101.jpg

FastRegalWE2

Sorry to hear about this. They (S&W) should have at least given you some options such as the Pro Street set up. I don't think your current bars going to the trunk will even be long enough to put a bend in for the pro Street set up, "Through The Speaker Holes"

Hope all works out for you....

Ray

FastRegalWE2

Sorry to hear about this. They (S&W) should have at least given you some options such as the Pro Street set up. I don't think your current bars going to the trunk will even be long enough to put a bend in for the pro Street set up, "Through The Speaker Holes"

Hope all works out for you....

Ray

I callled them today, $44 for the Pro Street bars. I told her thats the style I thought I was getting when I said I had full interior but she said it wasnt anyones fault and for another $65 shipped I could have what I wanted. So, of course, I gave them another $65. But at least I will have it the way I wanted it.

sounds like you wanted the "pro street" bars to keep the back seat, you have to order them seperate from the cage. I had to put a bend in my door bars to get them to clear the arm rest.
IMG_06101.jpg

that was it, they knew right away what I was talking about after I read yuor reply I called them and ordered those bars.
Thanks

The rear bars are plenty long to bend & attatch to the coil spring perches. That is what I did with mine. The door bars are tight but they will fit & clear the armrests without any bends. On my rears I just made a pattern of the bend I wanted with a coat hanger & took them to have them bent. Cost me $20.00. I really like the s & w kit for the money.

I callled them today, $44 for the Pro Street bars. I told her thats the style I thought I was getting when I said I had full interior but she said it wasnt anyones fault and for another $65 shipped I could have what I wanted. So, of course, I gave them another $65. But at least I will have it the way I wanted it.

Cool, glad to hear it worked out for you:cool: