S10/BLAZER FRONT BRAKE CONVERSION

oddfire6

hi guys, im interested in doing the s10/blazer front brake conversion. is thare a sticky somewhere about doing the swap im not finding. also will the rear disc off the doner vehicle convert to G body rear axle. thanks

if you can change a spindle, then you can swap the front brakes.. a tie rod, 2 ball joints, and a brake line is all that's holding it together..

there is no "bolt on" rear disc brake setup, but it's not that hard to do.

That's not exactly true Derrik. Flynbye and a few others do have complete bolt on rear disc set ups that you can get.;)

being the broke/poor/cheap bastard that i am, i've always got a "can i find it in the junkyard" mentality when thinking about these things, and you won't find a "bolt in" rear disc brake setup in the junkyard thanks to the screwball axle flange that GM decided to use on these cars..

being the broke/poor/cheap bastard that i am, i've always got a "can i find it in the junkyard" mentality when thinking about these things, and you won't find a "bolt in" rear disc brake setup in the junkyard thanks to the screwball axle flange that GM decided to use on these cars..
Can't argue with you at all on being broke or trying to find a direct bolt on conversion in a junk yard Derrik.;) You have no idea of how I try and make all the parts I need rather than pay someone to either make them or do the work for me.:D