saleen

Buger99

registered member
i have a friend who has a saleen but he keeps getting random misfire and something like bad egr but he replaced the egr and had the computer checked and it is all good.i know its not a buick but please any help will help

if it is a 96 and up saleen then look at the maf sensor. if ti is older than look at the ignition module.if there is a k&n filter there ford says not to use one because of the oil in the filter killing the maf sensor.

i have a friend who has a saleen but he keeps getting random misfire and something like bad egr but he replaced the egr and had the computer checked and it is all good.i know its not a buick but please any help will help

What year is it? How many miles? What code for egr? The passage from egr to intake clogs up and it will throw a flow code. Also the dpfe goes bad alot. scan car and see what dpfe is at idle. Should be about 1.0 volt. If is at 4 to 5 volts its shorted . If this car is 4.6 check ignition wires and or coils. Intakes like to leak coolant into spark plug holes causing misfires . coils also go south alot. maf sensors can cause all kinds of problems also. scan and see what frequency is . The number will change with sea level. around chicago its about 159 hz. hope this helps.