Sally's GN build

Well I'm back, built a motor and got a built trans. But the GN has taken a back seat since I bought a second viper and second ferrari so have been playing with those. But I'll posting again but won't be posting much for pictures since locally we have a problem with low life people (stealing and breaking into cars) and I know a few local guys on here are in that group.

Well I'm back, built a motor and got a built trans. But the GN has taken a back seat since I bought a second viper and second ferrari so have been playing with those. But I'll posting again but won't be posting much for pictures since locally we have a problem with low life people (stealing and breaking into cars) and I know a few local guys on here are in that group.

You " KNOW " a " FEW " MEMBERS OF THIS SITE that are actual Car Thieves,( possible Gn thieves if they are on this site.) :eek:

you may want to share this info with, Police/Members of this site,Staff etc.

Any details on the new setup and what times you are expecting, and will it beat that mid 9 second LS swapped fox that you mention in your first post ?

Ps, The statement that a GN has taken a back seat to a Viper and Ferrari, Well that just hurts.:cry:

Hope to see video's of the new setup stomping on that Fox soon.:)

Last edited:
Any details on the new setup and what times you are expecting, and will it beat that mid 9 second LS swapped fox that you mention in your first post ?

Ps, The statement that a GN has taken a back seat to a Viper and Ferrari, Well that just hurts.:cry:

Hope to see video's of the new setup stomping on that Fox soon.:)

No clue on what it should make, just a 109 and a 76m with a 400 behind it, hoping for 800-1000.

The the LS swapped fox I don't even see anymore.

And ya after I SC my first viper I need one for a summer DD lol but wanted to fix it up to make her look sexy. Then got a 458 because I didn't like the droptop on my other ferrari.

And on that other stuff, those local people don't scare me where I live but don't want to post pictures so if they see mine out they just think it a stock one and not mine.

Take some of that Ferrari money and get yourself some of that OTHER Italian muscle - Benelli!! That'll keep the would-be low lives at bay.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

This is disappointing. Both the thieves and the Ferrari/Viper stuff.

So your saying you know that there are members on this forum that are possible thieves? I don't doubt that there are shady people in all hot-rod groups. Hell....I know a few as well. But I am more concerned about the general ass-wipes who watch forums to stalk targets.

Based on your previous photos, it would seem like you may have all your security bases covered. It's not like you keep your cars along the house in a common driveway covered in blue tarps. I know some people who only have this as an option.

Oh, and about the "other cars". Build that Buick right, and I grantee it will be faster and draw more attention than almost any exotic you could have! I never have a problem stealing their glory on the street or at shows.

I sure am eager to see how your build turns out.

This really sucks. Pretty sad when there is a fear of posting pics!

Well the GN keeps taking the back seat to things. So I know I needed to work on it, so ripped all this stuff out of the engine bay and replacing a lot of stuff that needs it. All new A/C and heating stuff since mine was so cracked and messed up. Also fixing a lot of wire that was cut or tapped into. Also got a new intercooler and radiator and transmission cooler.

And while the engine bay is gutted I'm going to just have it painted and the the frame rails.

I plan to change the brakes over to disc in the rear and upgrade the fronts. What master cylinder should I change over to? Mine looks like its shot lol.

If you want to keep the power master brakes kirban sells a new unit with a lifetime warranty. Also if it was me i would replace the whole engine wiring harness and not use something that's 30 years old and beat up the way it is. Caspers has them and its worth every pennie

Also upgrade to a Jeep steering shaft or upgrade to the DSE one.

Yup, I have one and really like it. Expensive but nice

Sent from my SM-N910T using Tapatalk

Well I'm just going to do the brakes before I put the motor and trans back in.

This is what I have so far, I don't know what to do for a master cylinder yet.

You guys see a problem with this stuff or should I do something else?

Front brakes

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/pr...PINDLES+UPGRADE+SYSTEM+#7537+#7538+#7539.html

Going to rear disc

https://www.summitracing.com/parts/rsd-afxrd78/applications/?ibanner=SREPD2

new lines

http://www.kirbanperformance.com/product/44025/REPRODUCTION+COMPLETE+BRAKE+LINES+(7)+KIT+#7459.html

I run baer brakes front and rear on my car. Got both sets from nick at www.arizonagn.com as he's right down the street from baer and his price is better then listed. I love kirbans don't get me wrong.

Also have them on our low milage car
f55ed64b0a4f40ff0b4a469859f257db.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1470613021017.jpg

My other car
uploadfromtaptalk1470613049462.jpg
uploadfromtaptalk1470613056836.jpg

This is very disheartening! And it's something I have never even considered! As I've never thought about thieves monitoring any of the forums I frequent! Wow!! What a bummer!

Sally can't wait to see (or just hear) about how your car turns out!!! Keep at it man and sorry to hear about your run in with GBody (just know that you are not alone there)!! Keep at it and keep us posted man!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

So waiting for my trans to show up so thought I would do the brakes, front suspension, and steering. Anything I'm missing I should just replace while I'm at it? Or any other area in the front I should do while the motor and trans in out.

brakes

front baer brake kit
rear dics con
all SS brake lines and SS brake hose to the calipers
proportioning valve
master cylinder

front Suspension

new upper/lower control arms with moog ball joints
bilstin shocks

steering

DSE steering shaft
steering gear box with new hoses

Center link possibly a bump steer kit?

I like the QA1 single adjustable shocks. That way you can dial them in the way you want the car to ride