scan master readings.

turbokar87

i already posted in the scan tool tech, but i didn't get a response.
i finally installed my scanmaster and i was wondering what my readings should be at idle?
im sure no car is the same but more or less.
i will post my readings soon, just want to do some spring cleaning.
THANK YOU IN ADVANCE.

Post all of yours. There is a post by Eric Stage I that explains all the readings and what they should be.

sorry for the delay.

ok finally got some time to read my scan master.
started up and at a cold idle .

02 milivolts/ between 390-402
retard degrees/ 0.0
AF/ 07
L8/ between 42- 44
BATT/ 14.1
INT/ 128
bL / 128
MPH / 00
CLT / 90
ATS/ 81
R / between 900 -925
TPS / .44
IAC / 79
CC / 34
NAL / 00
dose this look like a normal scan??

ran the car for 10 min and its all the same.. run it longer??? leaking antifreeze from rad...i dont want to run for too long.

Ok,fixed the rad no more leaks! and now for a stupid question how do i set the tps and the iac??? its my first GN so im a little lost.:confused:

Ok,fixed the rad no more leaks! and now for a stupid question how do i set the tps and the iac??? its my first GN so im a little lost.:confused:

You might want to explore gnttype.org for those instructions and also check out Vortex Buicks. You won't be disappointed. The best thing you could have done is buy that scan tool. I wouldn't run the car too hard until you've had a chance to do some research. If you just bought the car you might find some surprises that you can catch before anything bad happens.

i still have yet to drive it..... its been sitting around for 5 years while i saved up for the parts. im not driving it untill she is damn ready and good for it.

You might want to explore gnttype.org for those instructions and also check out Vortex Buicks. You won't be disappointed. The best thing you could have done is buy that scan tool. I wouldn't run the car too hard until you've had a chance to do some research. If you just bought the car you might find some surprises that you can catch before anything bad happens.

great advice! :cool:

well iv had the car for 5 years and still have not driven her....:mad:
i have learned alot about the car but no where near most guys on this site.
what i did learn is that turbo Buicks are frikking expensive!:eek:
but i have checked the listed sites and from what i read i need to reset the iac first and then adjust the tps.... im planning on doing the work this weekend. so just wanted to double check on what need to be done first.
so i dont hurt her.
i would like to drive her before the winter comes.