scanmaster 3

turbogus

guys I got a scanmaster 3 for my fast bank to bank but for some reason its not working any ideas

guys I got a scanmaster 3 for my fast bank to bank but for some reason its not working any ideas

It doesn't work for the classic fast at this time, maybe bob has an update?

Posted from the TurboBuick.Com mobile app

the classic fast update for that is on my list.... can you send it in to me?

Bob

Could he just install a new chip? Or some flash utility?

the flash update utility is a PITA, its easier to send out a chip. The chip is a PLCC, and fits in a square socket. You have to pry it out of its socket gently from opposite corners.

At any rate, the update is not ready yet. I will make a post when it is, as well as alerting the Vendors that carry it.

Bob

Gus has advised me to sell the scanmaster for him, as he is not going to wait for the update, and deal with shipping back and forth and waiting , the summer will be over by the time he gets it back ........... $240 plus shipping.

Gus has advised me to sell the scanmaster for him, as he is not going to wait for the update, and deal with shipping back and forth and waiting , the summer will be over by the time he gets it back ........... $240 plus shipping.

If he purchased it from us, give me a call. Unless he would prefer to sell it to another member.

Bob, any progress on the adapter to hook up the scanmaster and a laptop at the same time. thanks

I pulled the computer with that stuff on out this week and fired it up. I hope to work on it on Sunday

Bob,
I think I have the answer for those wanting to run the scanmaster with the laptop. I'm at a race in bowling green this weekend, but if you get a chance next week give me a call

Bob , we are willing to pay for the shipping for the updated chip. Our friend Gus needs to go to the track, but is used to watching the scanmaster...;)