Scanmaster hiccup? Normal?

turbo84gn

I'd rather be waterskiing
What would cause this? Is this normal? 87GN, just cruising at speed, the retard and knock will climb, then settle back down, but I notice no change in the motor. Engine runs great. Here is link to video. Have a knock guage too, and it shows the same thing when the scanmaster does, so am thinking it is getting the indication from the computer. If it makes any difference, I can't use TurboLink, the data it reads is all over the place for everything. Says codes are set and dash says not, etc,. Like I said, car runs great.

From the way the road sounds in the background I'd look for something rattling in the chassis

If this is "false knock" meaning the knock sensor is picking up a rattle, the ecm retards timing for such a short time that you won't feel the difference while driving. However, it will take away from the performance so you need to find the source.

From the way the road sounds in the background I'd look for something rattling in the chassis

That is my thought exactly. I can here something rattling. Like the exhaust or something....... You can definitely here the road and tires.