scanmaster/ milivolts

pwhite

My milivolts readings vary at idle from like 222 to 756 every time it updates its self it jumps up or down? Is this right or do i need a new sensor. my iat is 56 is that high? I get a tps mal code the tps reading at idle is 44 and in park when i give it alittle gas it jumps to 56.

Originally posted by pwhite
My milivolts readings vary at idle from like 222 to 756 every time it updates its self it jumps up or down? Is this right or do i need a new sensor.

That is perfectly normal for the O2's to jump around at idle and normal driving. Sensor is fine. Every movement over and under the magic .450 is called a "cross count".

I get a tps mal code the tps reading at idle is 44 and in park when i give it alittle gas it jumps to 56.

Are you getting a 21 or a 22?

GN/T-Type: Malfunction Codes

For idling, go to the BLM to read what is going on. The o2 counts are not to be used for tuning the low end and only kindof accurate at wot.

You are looking for around 128 in the blm and do not worry if it moves higher or lower to much while driving. As long as you are around that number (better to be slightly lower in wot conditions) your ok.