scanmaster question

T

Turboaddict

when u go WOT and SM starts to record, how many frames can it read?

Once 3v TPS is triggered it will start recording until you let off. But it ONLY stores the lowest O2 with mph and highest spark retard and mph during the time the TPS was 3v or higher. Powering off the unit will loose those values and hitting 3v TPS or more again will loose those past stored values and get new ones.

How many frames depends on how long you have been 3v TPS or higher consecutively. Normal speed rate is 1.5 seconds per frame. Little faster refresh with the "Scanmaster Fast Update Code" in the chip. For example on a 12.5 second quarter mile run you will get about 8 frames.

Record Mode

While in RUN MODE if the TPS voltage exceeds 3.00 volts the Scanmaster will change the RECORD MODE. In RECORD MODE the highest Retard reading and the lowest O2 Milivolt reading are stored in memory. RECORD MODE is indicated by DP3 on. The stored readings can be recalled at any time before the engine is turned off. (See RECALL MODE). Pressing the RECALL button while recording will erase any readings currently in memory. This is used to delete ‘false knock’ from memory while racing. Note: RECORD MODE begins after 1 second delay (DP3 blinks).

Recall Mode

While in RUN MODE, pressing the RECALL button changes the Scanmaster to RECALL MODE. In this mode, any previously recorded O2 and Retard readings will be displayed and DP3 will flash quickly. Turning the engine off erases stored reading! Pressing the MODE button while holding the RECALL button will display the speeds (MPH) of the recorded values.

No SC Recall ???

I've been trying to chase down a knock problem and have noticed that my SC is not showing recall after a WOT blast . I understand it must have 3.0v or more for recall . Is this somehow related to my knock problem of the tPS not showing 3.0v or more ?