Scanmaster

jayb53guy

Hey guys, I was just wondering if anyone had a cliffsnotes version of how a scanmaster works? I recently acquired an 86 t-type and it has a scanmaster installed on it. I have roamed the web aimlessly digging up info on it but nothing that really breaks down what all this thing does for the vehicle and its performance.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks-

Jay

also to help monitor whats going on with car in case something starts going bad, such as censors, alt

Yes and helps keeps an eye on the tune. You want the knock retard to stay at 0.0.

You can use it to determine if you have any knock during boost...

You can also use it to see if the ECM has thrown any codes as opposed to the old paper clip in the ALDL port trick...

There is a built in recall that when the gas pedal is pushed down far enough, will record the 02 millivolts as well as if any knock retard was displayed....

Then it also has the other stuff like block learn and integrator, engine rpm, coolant temp, vehicle speed, etc.

If you purchase one of Eric Marshall's Turbo Tweak chips, you can adjust the fuel parameters and spark timing using the Scanmaster to show you what you're doing.

You can use it to determine if you have any knock during boost...

You can also use it to see if the ECM has thrown any codes as opposed to the old paper clip in the ALDL port trick...

There is a built in recall that when the gas pedal is pushed down far enough, will record the 02 millivolts as well as if any knock retard was displayed....

Then it also has the other stuff like block learn and integrator, engine rpm, coolant temp, vehicle speed, etc.

If you purchase one of Eric Marshall's Turbo Tweak chips, you can adjust the fuel parameters and spark timing using the Scanmaster to show you what you're doing.

Thanks for the info! There is quite a curve when learning these bad boys! I'm used to a double pumper carb and a timing light! ;)

Thanks again, gentleman. I am appreciate it. :cool:

Thanks for the info! There is quite a curve when learning these bad boys! I'm used to a double pumper carb and a timing light! ;)

Yes the turbo Buicks are a whole different breed....you don't have to change jets on a carburetor and you don't have to worry about grabbing and twisting a distributor to adjust the timing.

Merry Christmas.